Goodman Manufacturing- fire box- heat exchanger

The "fire box" (heat exchanger) for the furnace of package unit model number PGB030050-1 made by Goodman Manufacturing may have a tendency to crack due to a manufacturing, design, or both defect. Since the replacement fire box (heat exchanger) comes with an "air baffle" (37012-53S), re-directing the air flow on to the heat exchanger, possibly to cool it more to prevent it from over heating and cracking so soon; the flaw may be in the design or it may be a way to try to get the fragile heat exchanger to last longer. If you have a Goodman PGB030050-1 package unit the fire box will need to be checked every time the unit is serviced. Furthermore, a repeated cracking and replacement of the heat exchanger will cause the auxiliary limit switch to eventually over heat and fail as well.

Reply to
Molly Brown

HEY I KNOW MOLLY BROWN !!!!! And she certainly does have a crack in her fire box (heat exchanger). And is it ever good !!! No repair needed enjoy as is. She doesn't even mind if it's red tagged.

Barry

Reply to
Barry

What makes you think I'm a woman? I may use that name because of it's symbolic meaning or maybe you like guys.

Reply to
Molly Brown

if the truth were to be known, the unit was probably over-fired from the get-go. lowball unit, lowball contractor, brain-dead installer. hey lets blame the manufacturer, they'll make a fine scape-goat. baaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reply to
gofish

"lowball unit": So you agree with "blame the manufacturer"?

Reply to
Molly Brown

Blame the customer that insisted on using the lowest price on the cheapest POS they could get

Reply to
Noon-Air

Ther Molly Brown I knew was all women believe me !!! More woman than you'll ever be GOODMAN Guy.

Barry

Reply to
Barry

This was installed in a fairly small house. There is no question as to it's adequacy.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Thank you.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Nope. Until you can prove the unit was installed as per manufacturers specs, AND the unit was serviced on a regular basis, I'd say blame the end user.

Carefully observe, the unit did not have a problem while it was still in the manufacturers inventory, the 'problem' manifested itself AFTER a cheap f*ck purchased it, and a cheaper f*ck installed it.

eons ago I replaced a bad blower motor for a customer, and gave them a

1 year warranty. big mistake. 11 months later, they call me up, the motor has failed. Lesson learned. Now if you want a warranty, you're also purchasing the maintenance contract.
Reply to
gofish

Reply to
Molly Brown