Goodman ARUF049-00A-1A no heat - no AC?

Hi,
I've got this Goodman ARUF049-00A-1A that all of a sudden does nothing when switching the thermostat to either AC or heat. If I switch it to "Emergency Heat" the fan comes on but the air is not warm.
This is Central Florida and the heat is very seldom required for this Yankee but it got down into the 30s last night.
The heat worked fine for a while but shut down last night after we went to sleep.
This is somewhat embarrassing since I hold a (FWIW) RI Master Pipefitters license and am quite proficient with gas or oil fired equipment having worked on literally thousands of systems.
It would seem to me that I may have a faulty component which is used by both the AC and heat functions.
Could anyone provide any information that might spare me the jokes from my wife I'll get if I actually call someone to fix it?
All I've done so far is confirm all breakers are not tripped and jumpered the tsat.
Dave
Face the music, let her laugh , call a tech,

I know rocket scientists that drop in here frequently that couldnt fix your problem so dont feel so bad. Part with a few bucks and have it looked at by a competent company OR................................. Freeze your ass off. Bubba
There is a control board in the air handler that is common to both ac and heat. But they tend to be a bit pricey and non-returnable. Probably better to let someone familiar with them look at it.

Let him keep throwing parts at it and wasting money.... eventually his wife will get pissed and give him a "wax job" to make him call somebody that knows WTF they are doing.
BTW... "wax job" is when you smack somebody between the eyes so hard, that the wax comes out their ears. :-)

Noon-Air wrote:

Replace the thermostat, ain't that right Bubba?
--
Zyp

Shhhhhhhh! <Now typing in invisible letters> (That's a well kept trade secret. If it gets out we'll never make any money) Bubba

Wow! I never dreamed that this would be on a par with rocket science! Very impressive!
This group should be called alt.hvac.heckle
I'll remove the jacket and fix it. Not now though....the sun is out and it's nice and warm.
For now I'll tough it out in the Jacuzzi.
Thanks jamesgangnc for a reply made in the spirit of adding value.
The rest of you - get back in your service trucks and keep working! Remember to wipe your feet before entering customers homes.
Ha Ha Ha!
Happy New Year!