Goodman AC Lemon

I wasn't talking about the pans under the coils, I was talking about hte coils themselves and the tin tubesheets on the ends of the coils. When the tubing wall thickness is no more than .025 inch, then it doesn't take much to pierce the tubing. Rust on the tube sheets will do that just fine.
Noon-Air wrote:

That's what was happening with the CARRIER package unit I just repaired. The tubesheet(s) were rusted fairly bad. But the refrigerant leak on the coil was up higher in the coil and mid tube away from the base pan and tubesheets. Rusting tubesheets had little to do with it.
--
Zyp

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:

You told the story.. Goodman had to furnish millions of HVAC equipment in a short period of time. Their warranty is good but slow due to shortages of parts and the personal to process it. Can you imagine the massive effort to produce millions of product, when your geared for hundreds of thousands?

With Goodman being the hands down low price leader; Goodman has been the #1 choice here on the coast especially since Katrina. You see them on million $ plus homes.
I have to love them because we get a great deal of service calls because of them. They are very simple to work on as you all know.
But I do prefer to work on them when they have been installed by others.
As for us installing them; we were forced to after the storm due to the low price. But we don't anymore. Payne with their package pricing is about the same price. Depending on tonage Payne can be lower in price.
Any brand can and will have problems but the one thing that keeps us from installing Goodman anymore is poor warranty parts availability. Especially coils. We have had several occasions where we had to wait up to 12 weeks for a warranty coil. On each occasion we called all the local distributors and there was not a coil to be had in the country. I have to assume that they batch their factory for efficiency and this causes the supply disruptions. If anyone knows some secret that I don't know to help us get coils quicker, I am all ears.
Bye now:
=============================================================== Nice to see some people in your profession can speak civilly. Thanks for your response and thanks to the OP for cross-posting. Very informative.
KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:

Why don't you just 'fix' the coil. It's copper. It's relatively easy to remove, pressurize, locate, repair, and reinstall, dehydrate, and charge.
Just recently I had to fix a CARRIER 48SS package unit, and an older Day & Night. [Leaking evaporators.] What I find funny is I haven't had to fix any Goodman's but, SUMMIT, ASPEN have been popular and RHEEM's seem to be top on the list last year for leaks.
--
Zyp

Are you going to repair the ones leaking in the tube sheets?

Goodman is rated LAST in a poll by 67000 by Consumer Reports.. Eat on that Khack ,, you aint no pro KJpro, u a hack bosso. A Goodbitch hackpo

Goodman is rated LAST in a poll by 67000 by Consumer Reports.. Eat on that Khack ,, you aint no pro KJpro, u a hack bosso. A Goodbitch hackpo
Wow... are we getting mad... just because you can't handle FACTS... there's no need to get your blood pressure up.

5 bucks says that 95% of the leaky Rheem coils were "M" coils in air handlers, where the drains were not trapped properly.
Noon-Air wrote:

Naw, these were older coils before the "N" series ..... when plastic [fiberglass] pans weren't out yet. But for the sake of argument, we had several brand new 5 ton ADP [Lennox] coils with leaky pans [craked] from the factory. Wasn't fun changing them out either to new pans. After that, we were opening the boxes on the dock before accpeting them.
--
Zyp

If thats true, then what HVAC company do you work for??

Can train a human to do resi... whether they do it right the first time is a completely different issue.

Trained monkeys suck.

over a barrel wrote:

Now you did it! Got the lads over at Alt.Homemoaners all excited. They will be sniffing fire hydrants all night now. ;-p

over a barrel wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:19:59 -0700 (PDT), ransley

He is a Goodman hack. He gets off on paying next to nothing for the pos and then screwing his customers twice by charging them out the ass for said pos.

Talking about yourself again?

You really are a lamer aren't you. What a snappy comeback by you! Just keep on selling and installing goodman trash you hack.
snipped-for-privacy@abc.com wrote:

And you keep on making a living trolling Mens rest rooms in the Parks.

See that's what's funny... you don't even know me... what I do... etc... that includes the brands I sell... So the real question is... do I, or do I not sell Goodman?