Goodman AC Lemon

Said coil is called alumituff and manufactured by Trane. I do not beleive that goodman or amana offer such a coil for their junk.

Reply to
12334

You're wrong once again... It's called *tin* coating.... buy UT. But that doesn't mean anything to an incompetent tech that has to use certs for qualifing their knowledge. Don't you just hate feeling stupid all the time? You don't have to say anymore, I already know you've been *train-washed*.

Reply to
KJPRO

Um, if you say so genius. I guess my RSES cert aint for shit either then. Not to mention the HVAC Excellence certs. I'll out troubleshoot you any day kid. You just keep believing that crap is king!

Reply to
12334

The funny part is that you have no clue what is wrong with doing this. Go use google some more fucktard. While you're doing that I'll be on my yacht tommorow, you know, the one all of those useless certs got me. What a complete dumbass.

Reply to
12334

You don't know me or my abilities... so keep on dreaming. Once again, you're showing your ignorance by calling me a kid. I guess they handed you the certs out of pity.

Why don't you throw out a few more certs... that way you can feel better about yourself. It must suck to have to ask someone else what's-a-matter all the time. But you'll always have your certs to make you feel better at the end of the day.

Reply to
KJPRO

Trane doesn't make their own coil and neither does Goodman. Alumatuff has real issues if any acid at all rears its ugly head in the system. By the way..This is not a forum to advertise your products. Our job here is to inform each other and to flame any and all.

Reply to
Don Ocean

(sniff..Sniff) Isn't this a happy day? Stormy just got his first Apprentice. ;-p

Reply to
Don Ocean

At age 90, you will still be Stormies Apprentice and he will be cursing us for unloading you on him! ;-p Maybe you can get those Certs bronzed and impress the hell out of your neighbors. ;-p

Reply to
Don Ocean

Yep, and we havn't even met in person. A proud day for sure.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Since Fundy Dave is awol, I'll fill in. You should spend more time reading the Bible, and give up that reprobate language.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi all.

With Goodman being the hands down low price leader; Goodman has been the #1 choice here on the coast especially since Katrina. You see them on million $ plus homes.

I have to love them because we get a great deal of service calls because of them. They are very simple to work on as you all know.

But I do prefer to work on them when they have been installed by others.

As for us installing them; we were forced to after the storm due to the low price. But we don't anymore. Payne with their package pricing is about the same price. Depending on tonage Payne can be lower in price.

Any brand can and will have problems but the one thing that keeps us from installing Goodman anymore is poor warranty parts availability. Especially coils. We have had several occasions where we had to wait up to 12 weeks for a warranty coil. On each occasion we called all the local distributors and there was not a coil to be had in the country. I have to assume that they batch their factory for efficiency and this causes the supply disruptions. If anyone knows some secret that I don't know to help us get coils quicker, I am all ears.

Bye now:

Reply to
KAubert (Air-Care)

Certs!? hehehe. Is that what it takes to make you feel like you know something 1234? What a sorrowfull pittiful bastard. You're Nate certified? Wow! That and $1.75 will buy you a cup of coffee. Guess what? Im not Nate certified. Dont need it. Here it just means you payed another entity more of your hard earned money. When/If it were required, then I'll get it. Here I need a Masters, Journeyman and RSES. Guess what? None of those made me any better either. Its the training I choose to go to and payed attention to that made me what I am. You need to grow up. Someone put a serious Tranewashing on you. I'll put a Goodman or any other brand up against your Trane wreck any day. By the way,that radio controlled boat you have doesnt qualify as a yacht. Bite Me! Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Yes. You can sell Goodmans the same way suppliers of military equipment do: with a spare-parts pack. You can specify that every system you buy from Goodman come with a box of matching parts that experience says you can be expected to replace during the warranty period: coils, compressor, etc.

Reply to
HeyBub

I never have problem getting parts or coils for Goodman. The supply hose I deal with will take a part off a new unit if they don't have one in stock including an Air handler coil. The only problem where I had to wait almost a week was I had one condenser coil leak under warranty in almost twenty years of installations. I don't remember ever having a leak in a package unit coil that needed replaced either. And Goodman is not the cheapest either. I know Payne & Lennox's Aire-Flo brand are cheaper. There's probably a few others like Grand Air, Whirlpool,etc.. that are just as cheap.

Reply to
Gary

[...]

Keith,

I have found that *most* evap coil failures have been from not having the drain properly trapped. This is especially prevelent on heat pump air handlers, and fan coils with straight electric heat. Rarely do I find rusted out, leaky coils with gas furnaces, regardless of if its trapped or not.

Reply to
Steve

You told the story.. Goodman had to furnish millions of HVAC equipment in a short period of time. Their warranty is good but slow due to shortages of parts and the personal to process it. Can you imagine the massive effort to produce millions of product, when your geared for hundreds of thousands?

Reply to
Don Ocean

[...]

Nice to see some people in your profession can speak civilly. Thanks for your response and thanks to the OP for cross-posting. Very informative.

Reply to
Billy Pilgrim

If thats true, then what HVAC company do you work for??

Reply to
Steve

Hi, Right on that is good combination. Good product needs also good installer who knows what s/he is doing. Good tech can make even a Goodman work OK.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I would have said a bad installer can make even a Goodman work poorly.

Reply to
CJT