Goodman 14 seer CLQ series condensers

Page 1 of 2
The local Goodman distributor has the Goodman CLQ 14 seer condensers (R22) on sale/clearance for a pretty good price- $709 for a 3ton unit.
I went ahead and bought a 2ton and 3ton unit, and the 3ton unit is very large- about 10" taller than the newer Goodman GSC14 series condensers.
Has anyone seen any problems with these CLQs? They have a scroll compressor, but the condenser coil setup looks a little unusual with two coils in parallel (one sitting on top of the other) and that is what seems to make the unit so tall.
Also a secondary question- got a new 6cfm RobinAir Vacuum pump and it recommends changing the oil after every use- I typically have changed the oil on my old unit after the oil starts looking cloudy or after vacuuming down after a burned-out compressor replacement- how often are others changing the vacuum pump oil?
Bruce

Every time its used.

709 is a "good price"?????

Yeah, they say "Goodman" on the front! :-)

How long do you want it to last?

ok, for shits & giggles, post YOUR cost of an ICP 3 ton 14 seer R22 split condenser.
At that price, he should have bought the whole inventory.

kpro sells ICP? Hmmmm.....
--
Zyp

< snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net> wrote in message
(R22)

Lets just say, it's not that much more. And it's not a "sale/clearance" item.
KEEE-RIST! No, lets DONT post our prices. How bout they get emailed instead of having all the lurking homemoaners on here see pricing. They'll all wonder why we arent installing them for $10 over our cost. Bubba
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:13:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote:

Its not the price of the boxes, its the many years of training, education, and experience, then add the tens of thousands of dollars in specialized tools, and equipment, then there are all of the associated costs of running a business.... then there is this little matter of salary, and compensation package (medical, dental, retirement, vacation, etc). When they try to poor mouth me, or try to get me to lower the price for cash or any of that crap, I just show them my flat rate price book and tell them thats what it costs, and its not negotiable.

Speaking of [flat pricing] Nooney... what price book do you use? I've been looking at several, and I've located one software company that is touting a $3,000 price tag and I can update and print all the books I want. [Just curious who you like?]
--
Zyp

"Noon-Air" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message

been
Let me guess "MrHVAC"?
Flat Rate Plus from Aptora.. any thoughts?
--
Zyp

<kjpro @ usenet.com> wrote in message

Well, I'm in the process of switching to flat rate and I'm using Excel to make up my own books.
I feel it will not only aid in the process of finding the exact location of the charge later, but it will be tailor made for what I see in my area. The whole reason to go flat rate is to make things simple. Flipping through extra garbage isn't making it simple. It adds to the time it takes to figure the bill and that is money in itself.
Save the copy on your computer. Make corrections and print new pages whenever needed. Whether it's an increase in a product cost or adding a line item to the page. Print the page that's needed and replace the old outdated page.
I can't wait to get the whole thing in place and working!

Hey. How much you going to charge us for that book? :-) Bubba

of
The
figure
line
outdated
Can I charge as much as that Lennox coil? :-)

Ouch! We'd all be instant millionaires if we could charge like that. Bubba

location
area.
through
Well, I was hoping for my ship to come in. LOL
But, in your case, I'll get one to ya to look at after I finish.... does that sound better?

Yup, That"ll be fine with me. :-) Bubba
I tried something similar but it takes for ever [time wise]. And to update can be a real pain in the butt.
I was hoping a commercially available program could be easily updated [either using Trade Price Book or my accounting software] and update across the board and print without a lot of labor.
--
Zyp

<kjpro @ usenet.com> wrote in message

update
Updating as in what? Installation Price? Product Price?
Installation is a matter of changing the "setup" amount and the product price is simply changing the cost where it's at in the book.

across
Changing your installation price in the setup will change every line item. It's a simple as a keystroke. :-)
Zyp,
E-mail me.