Good Central A/C Brands?

I am replacing my Central A/C which is close to 20 years old and am wondering if anyone can recommend some good, reliable brands that I should be looking at.

I do understand that correct sizing, installation, etc. is important and I will be looking for a good, reliable contractor who does all these things as well.

But it seems to me there have to be some brands that have proven to be better performing and more reliable than others. I can't believe that central A/C units are simply a commodity with no brand being any better or worse than another brand. I am willing to pay more for a better brand/model, if necessary.

I have been thinking about Carrier and Trane. Any others worth a good look? Thanks.

Reply to
Brewster

Then you should understand why the brand has little to do with it.

Everything else...

Reply to
<kjpro

Sounds like you just like the commercials. I&#39;d look for the Binford 9000 model. Its proven to be one of the best over the last 7 years. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Perhaps it would be better to ask:Are there any particular brands to avoid?

Reply to
digitalmaster

HP

Reply to
<kjpro

troll

Reply to
Noon-Air

Take a look at the racks that come with some of Binford&#39;s products:

The full catalog of products:

Mo Hoaner

Try going to

Moe Jones