Good Central A/C Brands?

I am replacing my Central A/C which is close to 20 years old and am wondering if anyone can recommend some good, reliable brands that I should be looking at.
I do understand that correct sizing, installation, etc. is important and I will be looking for a good, reliable contractor who does all these things as well.
But it seems to me there have to be some brands that have proven to be better performing and more reliable than others. I can't believe that central A/C units are simply a commodity with no brand being any better or worse than another brand. I am willing to pay more for a better brand/model, if necessary.
I have been thinking about Carrier and Trane. Any others worth a good look? Thanks.

as
Then you should understand why the brand has little to do with it.

look?
Everything else...

Sounds like you just like the commercials. I'd look for the Binford 9000 model. Its proven to be one of the best over the last 7 years. Bubba

Take a look at the racks that come with some of Binford's products:
http://www.hiarchive.co.uk/images/7.15.Binford.2a.jpg
http://www.hiarchive.co.uk/images/7.15.Binford.2b.jpg
http://www.hiarchive.co.uk/images/7.15.Binford.2c.jpg
http://www.hiarchive.co.uk/images/8.16.Binford.1d.jpg
The full catalog of products: http://www.hiarchive.co.uk/binford.php

Perhaps it would be better to ask:Are there any particular brands to avoid?

should
things
or
avoid?
HP
troll

Try going to http://www.colemanac.com
-- Moe Jones HVAC Service Technician Energy Equalizers Inc. Houston, Texas www.EnergyEqualizers.com
am replacing my Central A/C which is close to 20 years old and am<BR>wondering if anyone can recommend some good, reliable brands that I should<BR>be looking at.<BR><BR>I do understand that correct sizing, installation, etc. is important and I<BR>will be looking for a good, reliable contractor who does all these things as<BR>well.<BR><BR>But it seems to me there have to be some brands that have proven to be<BR>better performing and more reliable than others.&nbsp; I can't believe that<BR>central A/C units are simply a commodity with no brand being any better or<BR>worse than another brand.&nbsp; I am willing to pay more for a better<BR>brand/model, if necessary.<BR><BR>I have been thinking about Carrier and Trane.&nbsp; Any others worth a good look?<BR>Thanks.<BR><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=