goldstar window ac unit - annoying beep

re: goldstar model M5400, window ac unit, 5400Btu
Everytime you press a button on the keypad, you get a too-loud beep from a piezo sounding squawker. The kind of noise that can wake a neighbor at 4am.
I opened it up to track down that little bastid, and it's somewhere on a pc board with a humongous capacitor on it. I don't want to go near that cap, it looks like it stores a lot of charge..
Is there a way to disable the beep from the keypad? The buttons are:
temp energy saver mode (fan/cool) timer fan speed power
Thanks!

Very simple fix. Lift the window. No more beep. Bubba
Plumber's putty in the piezo buzzer's hole

Pull the complete panel or just unplug the unit. Is it really that hard to figure out?