GE AGM 06LJ Question

Hi, I installed a GE AGM 06LJ window unit air conditioner. I use the thermostat feature to regulate temperature. Apparently, the thermostat range is set too closely because when the temperature reaches the low end of the temp range the unit will cut off, but sometimes immediately turn back on. Other time the unit may shut down for a minutge then resart. This has got to cause excessive waer not to mention it's very annoying during the night to hear the unit turn on and off excessively. Is this normal behavior for this unit?
Thanks,
Mike
Mike posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Is it bipolar?

Quite welcome, this time.

--
Tekkie

I can tell you that now a days window units are a throw away product. They cost too much to repair. If you just bought it contact GE on the web and ask them and they say no turn the unit back in for exchange.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Immediately call your home fixit dept and demand they bring you out a unit with a separate wall thermostat to control your window shaker. Bubba

sorry, but I don't know what a wall thermosat is as its a window unit w/ the thermosat built into it.

That sumbitch could blow anytime. Better at least put a very heavy tarp around it or tie some thick pillows around the case to catch the schrapnell.