Gas work qualifications

Would anybody be able to put me in touch with any regulatory body who oversees gas work in the USA. I am CORGI registered in the UK, but plan to move to America within the next year, and wondered whether my qualifications (expensive and not that easily obtained) would hold any sway within the American market, or at least be a step forward re obtaining equivalent qualifications.

I am a Breakdown / Service Engineer - I am qualified to work with Natural Gas, Propane, Butane, Oil / Kerosene etc - from a little research it looks like I may benefit hugely from Air Conditioning training also?

What would a similar job title be in the USA, it is difficult to find anything using the terminology we use here in the UK, also, what would job prospects be like, or even becoming self employed (Chicago area)?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Joe.

Reply to
JoeBrown

Take a look at this site; it should prove helpful:

JoeBrown wrote:

Reply to
Bennett Price