gas valve

Hello - I'd appreciate any help that you are willing to give. I have a natural gas heater. I am replacing an old thermosat with a new programmable unit. When I removed the old unit, I flagged my leads and taped them to the wall (2-wires only)... Somehow they came untaped and slipped into the wall. In the process of recovering them, The flags came loose and now I don't know which is which. I tried metering, but there is no voltage present (I'm not sure if there should be...) Upstream is an ITT general controls 860 gas valve. The 2 screws that the old wiring are attached to both say TH (for thermostat, I'm guessing), The opposite screws (going to the gas, I'm guessing) are both labelled PG. If there's any question of doing damage, I'll call in a professional. But it seems a bit of a shame for 2 screws.... Thank you (And there's no need to tell me that I'm an idiot. I already know. Thanks) -- Ren.

you're making it a lot harder than it really is. your t-stat is opening and closing a circuit. twist both wires together and the gas heater operates. did it matter which direction you twisted the wires?
If your new digital t-stat doesnt have batteries, buy a digital one that does. then hook either of the two wires to Rh and the other to W1
snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote:

Thank you for your freely-given help

Worth every dollar you paid for it, too!
posted for all of us...

Are you in the Northern or Southern hemisphere?

Cause in the South it's counter-clockwise, opposite in the North.
The REAL question is what do you do when you're right at the equator. (See answer below)
-
-
-
-
-
YOU DON"T NEED HEAT AT THE EQUATOR! (so use a jumper)

Why would we "Give" help? This is the business that we are in. If I tell you how to fix it for free, Im taking food off the table for the service guy in your area. If we all did that, how would we be able to afford our internet connections to give you all this advice. Please stop begging in here for free advice. The utility companys dont give you free gas, oil, electric or phone service do they? Your car mechanic doesnt tell you how to fix your car for free, does he? Your doctor doesnt give you free office visits, does he/she? How about your lawyer.......they dont talk to you on the phone or in person for free, do they? Open your wallet Ren. Let the money flow.............. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

Bubba - As an individual, I'll give help to anyone who asks it - if it's in my ability. I'll give equipment if I'm no longer using it. I'll give training - not worrying if that person is going to be my future competition. But right now, I'd rather spend the $25.00 on an educational book than put money in your pocket.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. That all sounds pretty and well but fact is if you were willing to pry $25 out of your rusted wallet for a book, you wouldnt be here in the first place. Bubba
Bubba, Remind me never to hire some1 like yourself.

Reminder to Steven: Do not ever hire some1 like me. You couldnt handle the expertise and you certainly couldnt afford me. Try the hack down at the corner bar you've used before. Bubba

Oh my can't aford you. With you whit, excuse me. & you just remember, Next time you open the hood to your vehicle and "repair" something you think you know how to fix, remeber what you said you advice for free, THEN WHY DO YOU READ & POST HERE

Here's a little clue Steven. The last time I lifted the hood on any of my vehicles (company, personal or pleasure) it was to check fluid levels. I dont change oils, spark plugs, air filters or anything else. I let the "quicky lube" places do the simple crap and the mechanic gets the other shit. By the way, .......you need to learnt Engleshh a wee bit betterz Bubba

Problem here is all too often the money trail ultimately leads to some third whirl country....
Question--when was the last time you PRODUCED anything that your company could ACTUALLY sell here ( or better yet, abroad ) for a fucking profit ?
I know you better that that, so dont try and tell me that you don't care, man.
They birds always go back home in order to roost...
--
SVL

Here's the secret code that the HVAC bastards don't want you to know:
The Red wire goes to R The White wire goes to W The Blue wire goes to B The Orange wire goes to O The Black wire goes to B The clear wire goes to C The big wire goes to B The little wire goes to L The hot wire goes to H The cold wire goes to C The stranded wire goes to S The solid wire goes to S The furnace wire goes to F The homoaner wire goes to H The intercom wire goes to I The fucking wire goes to F The pussy wire goes to P The penis wire goes to P The TubGirl wire goes to T The thermostat wire goes to T The badass wire goes to B
Any questions?
Oscar_Lives posted for all of us...

Does the jitstain wire wire go to J? Shitstain wite to S? Fundy wire to F? Dorker wire to D? Idiot wire to I? Right wire to R? Left wire to L?