Gas powered quartz and halogen questions

Hi:

  1. Are there any quartz infrared heaters powered directly and only by natural gas?

  1. Are there any infrared halogen lamps powered directly and only by natural gas?

Most quartz/halogen infrared heaters are electrically-powered. I'm looking for those that are fueled solely by natural gas. Gas is more eco-friendly than electricity.

Thanks a bunch,

Green Xenon

Reply to
GreenXenon

No, go get a plaque or catalytic infrared ventless gas heater. Quartz infrared electric heaters have a nichrome wire coil glowing red hot inside the quartz tube. In a real quartz infrared heater these tubes are mounted in front of a nice polished parabolic reflector where you can see 'em. In a fake quartz infrared heater (really forced air) they are shining on some heat exchanger metal "cured copper" inside a pretty extremely overpriced cube on casters.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

I have seen natural gas-fired (and propane, too) radiant heaters in various shops and such. Where halogen could possibly be part of this I have no idea. Halogens are corrosive and toxic gases such as Chlorine, Fluoring and Bromine. Not something you want in the air.

A Quartz-halogen lamp uses a special property of halogen gases to return Tungsten atoms to the hottest spot in a Tungsten-filament lamp, thereby extending the life of the lamp. I can't imagine how this could possibly relate in any way to a gas-fired heater.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I just farted.... it smelled very much bad. even the cat gagged and ran off.

Reply to
Steve

Are there any natural gas quartz radiant heaters without halogens?

Reply to
GreenXenon

What's your fization with quartz? There are natural gas fired radiant heaters aplenty...

check, for example:

danny burstein

It was a home built chili fart

Reply to
Steve

He's just another tinfoil hat troll.

Reply to
Steve

And you wasted you could have save it to power your furnace and save lot on energy bills

Reply to
Grumpy

"ETHANE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY"

Reply to