Gas pipe size

Recently, the gas company run a gas line from the street to the house. The line is no more than 1/2 an inch. Now, from the gas meter to the inside of the house, can I use a 1/2 inch pipe? Or is the gas at higher pressure up to the meter and therefore needs a bigger diameter?
Thank you
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:18:25 -0500, "Alpha One"

You need to run a 3/8" main throughout the house and branch off to each appliance with a 1/4" line. OR................ Leave your gas line the hell alone because with the question you just asked you dont need to be anywhere near a gas line. Bubba

Depends on the pressure. If you have a 1 or 2 lb meter, at least in my area, small diameter tubing can be run to all the gas appliances, provided each appliance has a regulator to get the pressure down to the proper pressure for each.
BUT - If you have to ask the question, you shouldn't be messing around with this stuff yourself. Get a licensed, experienced tradesman to do this work.
JK