Garage Humidity

I just bought a house with a uninsulated detached garage with no dry wall (wood frame) my guess is 50 years old. My concern is not about heating (would not hurt)or cooing, but keeping the humidity level reasonable in the very humid summer of Massachusetts. I want to have my woodshop in the garage and keep my tools rust free and wood from warping. I do not mind having a dehumidifier running, just do not want to have it dehumidifying the backyard. I am not that interested in how it looks, it is more important to keep the cost down. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
-------------------------------------
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 28134 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
On 21 Feb 2009 03:58:57 GMT, kjcruickshank_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (Cruicks) wrote:

On Feb 21, 3:58 am, kjcruickshank_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (Cruicks) wrote: I do not mind having a dehumidifier running,

dehumidifier, consider caulking to reduce air exchange and paint to act as a vapor barrier. Some paints advertise how well they work as a vapor barrier.
Something that will help with condensation is a fan to circulate the air.
Dan
Running a dehum (or air conditioner) will help lower the humidity. However, it's going to be a fantastic spike of the electric bill. If you can line the walls with vapor barrier of some kind, that will help keep the dry in, and the humid out. As another poster suggested, some good paint for the exterior of the building maybe. Or staple plastic sheets to the inside. Now's your chance to staple up some vapor barrier fiberglass.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I wish you would staple some vapor barrier over your cake hole.
You really demonstrate your IQ with posts like this. Oh, I'm sorry. YOU ARE NOT TOO BRIGHT, SON?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus