furnace question for HVAC guru's....

Page 5 of 5

18 trips at average 20miles each way = 720 miles at 20 mpg = $120 gas

A used van is <8k and good for 5-10 years

For one guy?

Remember my sample only represents 15 service calls and 3 installs per month and an average of 8 working days. Imagine if the guy worked full time or installed more than 3/month
In all fairness I can appreciate the costs associated with a shop and several employees.

Try about 11mpg. And do you figure 1 trip for each furnace install? All of the equipment and misc materials just show up?

BS. Not at 20K a year. 100K is about tops unless you want to start having down time due to your main source of income being in the shop. You were talking about a 1 man show with 1 van, right?

$1200 annually doesn't begin to cover replacement and new acquisitions for a single tech.

Huh? So you're talking about a moonlighter. I thought you were talking about someone in business. My mistake.

Most of the costs exist whether you have one or several employees. In fact, the per man hour OH costs are GREATER with one person than several. The base on which to spread the OH over is much smaller.
--
All things come to him who waits... As
long as he works like hell while he waits.

So a one man band isn't supposed to get sick, or have holidays or retirement or medical/dental??? Don't forget that the one man band pays 28% of his income to the feds and another 3 - 5% to the state. Gee that $15/hr just turned into less than $10/hr.

But you paid $2400 (that 2400 x 3 which equals $7200 'that's $1500 less than you figured) If you are going to hand out a example, at least you could be realistic.

Does the $150 cover any parts of supplies that the technician may need?

$200 are you out of your freaking mind? $3.00/gal gas and a monthly gas bill of $200???????????
Do you realize that it cost damn near $100 to fill up most service vehicles? And that most of these service vehicles average around 10-12 miles per gallon?

Yet another sign of a hack in the making.

Where did that $1600 VS unit go? Is it on special today?

$200 per install, you haven't a clue!

You better wake up before you flood you home with the wet dream you're having.

It makes me laugh when some home owner tries to tell me I make too much money. The LAST thing I'll try to do is convince him otherwise. You think I make too much money?? You really think I'm about to let you decide my profit margin?? ROTFLMAO!!!! That'll be the day I drop my prices so I can make you happy by lowering my standard of living!!! LOL!!!!!!
--
Respectfully, Bob

wrote

I hope you flushed after you pulled all that crap out of your ass.

Uhmmm....just for the sake of clarity, I posted the BOTTOM part of this post, starting at "It makes me laugh", not where it says "Well since I'm not him I can't do that".

--
Respectfully, Bob

sorry Bob, that was aimed at Roy.....my bad
wrote

WOW! That's $768 a day!.....or $153,750 for a 200-day work year......NET!
Jabs
Try HVAC-Talk . com
They love to answer questions like this one!