Furnace Inconsistant Light-Off

Page 2 of 2

because a

Right you are. A component called a "flame sensor" is used in the afterburner and signals the control system as to whether or not the afterburner is lit. It uses the ultra violet wave lengths of the "fire" to excite a gas within the sensor. It basically acts as an Off/On switch but it's signal has a significant impact on the control system and on the behavior of the engine. Then there is a thermocouple harness downstream of the combustor which has, maybe 12 or more thermocouple probes, each with at least 4-5 individual thermocouples (chromel/alumel) at different immersions. The end result is that there are about 60 individual temperature readings that are averaged to give one cockpit turbine temperature readout. You're also right about the price--nothing is cheap. MLD
Marc Anderson posted for all of us...

Seen Loni Andersen or listened to WKRP?

Not bad in northern Ohio either and not missing it either :-))

Some of the Coleman's used a time-delayed relay called a sequencer. Clare's did too. It could be on it's way out. The schematic is on the panel that covers the wiring, right? Change the sequencer.
--
Respectfully, Bob

Have a pro come out and pull the stored codes from the control module to see what is going on.
There's the little peep-window that you can open to see the igniter ? (its got a sight-glass on it) If I leave that little window open, the sucker lights off !!! WTF !? Marc

My neighbor's house has a little peep window, and when I look in it at his wife, I light off!
WTF?
On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 23:36:35 -0500, Marc Anderson

That little window is for shipping only. Remove it for normal operation. You may need to install a "lite-off@booster. Bubba