Furnace Inconsistant Light-Off

How much current could a current sensor sense if a current sensor could sense current?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

DIMwit

DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote

Like I posted earlier, the older Coleman's have a sequencer. That could very easily be the problem. Think "Clare Mega-junk"! If not, I agree about the module.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Oscar_Lives wrote: ...

There ain't NOTHIN on an aircraft that costs only $1.49 !

There's a computer worth a couple hundred thousand bucks (not kidding) that controls the engine, and it's monitoring a whole pile of sensors.

I only meant that the CONCEPT of monitoring heater current is used as verification of correct operation in some systems, and it's not necessarily on the engine (electrical de-icing systems for example).

Marc

Reply to
Marc Anderson

There's the little peep-window that you can open to see the igniter ? (its got a sight-glass on it) If I leave that little window open, the sucker lights off !!! WTF !? Marc

Reply to
Marc Anderson

My neighbor's house has a little peep window, and when I look in it at his wife, I light off!

WTF?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

That little window is for shipping only. Remove it for normal operation. You may need to install a "lite-off@booster. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Right you are. A component called a "flame sensor" is used in the afterburner and signals the control system as to whether or not the afterburner is lit. It uses the ultra violet wave lengths of the "fire" to excite a gas within the sensor. It basically acts as an Off/On switch but it's signal has a significant impact on the control system and on the behavior of the engine. Then there is a thermocouple harness downstream of the combustor which has, maybe 12 or more thermocouple probes, each with at least 4-5 individual thermocouples (chromel/alumel) at different immersions. The end result is that there are about 60 individual temperature readings that are averaged to give one cockpit turbine temperature readout. You're also right about the price--nothing is cheap. MLD

Reply to
MLD