Furnace filters - Smoker

Is there a filter that can knock down cigarette smoke? Thanks

Yes, Its called a sledgehammer filter. The filter arrow points at the top of the head. Bubba
Dave posted for all of us...

Jam them in the handler and you will get that clean fresh scent.

The Minnesota Legislature... Can't even smoke in the shower anymore...

Yes.
Your perfectly welcome.

Thanks all so much for the words of wisdom. It really helps.
My problem here is that I share a heating system with another apt that has a smoker. I really sucks. They won't quit smoking and I have to live with with their secondary smoke. A sledge hammer may help, but I would probably go to jail afterwards.
Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

Go to your landlord. That's probably against the law in most states these days.

Dave wrote:

Sue them and landlord for second hand smoke damage.

Yeah but I'd suggest he better be more careful or else every reputable damned lawyer on the whole continent is gonna end up in his front yard just tripping over one another tryin a get the job.

code around here states that each seperate dwelling have its own hvac system sounds like you could make a stink and get somehitng done

"The Freon Cowboy" wrote

Sounds like he already has one...
Get a carbon based filter, or install a Clean Effects. We have had good success with both. You could always cut off his return duct, and redesign your duct system. Who controls the thermostat. This set-up makes no sense.
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (home)

Check with your local HVAC professional...there are carbon filters that can be ordered that will help. They are not cheap, but if it does the job.... Maybe something like these.... http://www.glasfloss.com/products/zsc.html