Furnace filters - Smoker

Is there a filter that can knock down cigarette smoke? Thanks

Reply to
Dave

Yes, Its called a sledgehammer filter. The filter arrow points at the top of the head. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Dave posted for all of us...

Sure! Buy a tractor trailer load of EVE filter cigarettes and start plucking. Jam them in the handler and you will get that clean fresh scent.

Reply to
Tekkie®

The Minnesota Legislature... Can't even smoke in the shower anymore...

Reply to
geothermaljones

Yes.

Your perfectly welcome.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Thanks all so much for the words of wisdom. It really helps.

My problem here is that I share a heat>> Is there a filter that can knock down cigarette smoke?

Reply to
Dave

Go to your landlord. That's probably against the law in most states these days.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Check with your local HVAC professional...there are carbon filters that can be ordered that will help. They are not cheap, but if it does the job.... Maybe something like these....

Noon-Air

Electronic cell cleaners have been around for many many years and they effect smoke removal to such an extent that ceiling models are commonly used in weld shops, taverns and similar venues, duct mounted models for commercial and residential use are widely available and there's even a few manufacturers that market stand alone units :

Jeffrey Lebowski

Hmmm., Sue them and landlord for second hand smoke damage.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Yeah but I'd suggest he better be more careful or else every reputable damned lawyer on the whole continent is gonna end up in his front yard just tripping over one another tryin a get the job.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

code around here states that each seperate dwelling have its own hvac system sounds like you could make a stink and get somehitng done

Dave wrote:

is that I share a heating system with another apt that

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

"The Freon Cowboy" wrote

Sounds like he already has one...

Reply to
Ernest Scribbler

Get a carbon based filter, or install a Clean Effects. We have had good success with both. You could always cut off his return duct, and redesign your duct system. Who controls the thermostat. This set-up makes no sense.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo