Furnace BTU output

I currently have a 20 year old Carrier Gas Forced Air furnace model number 58GP125-3 It says the INPUT is 125,100 BTU but the output field on the label is blank.
An HVAC company wants to replace this with a Carrier model 58STA110. He says this will result in the same or greater output as my unit. Is he correct?
Thanks,
J.
On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:26:04 GMT, " snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net"

Sounds like someone doesnt trust someone? Maybe if he stuck a feather up your ass you would trust him more? Bubba

Sounds like someone isn't doing a load calc. :-(

Probab;y, yes. Do some math...if your old furnace is 80% effcient the output is 100,000 BTU. If the replacement is 90% or better you have 99,000+ BTU, close enough for practical purposes. HTH
Joe
I don't know the efficency of the old unit, and neither does the person I spoke with at Carrier. The new unit is 80%. The old one was made in 1985.

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Where do you live?

Why, you looking for a date? I hear Stormy's available.
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

I did not ask you. Local climate and energy cost are a factor in selecting things like furnace.

No shit, but that has nothing to do with the OP's original question.
the answer is yes

Load Calculation, PERIOD!