Furnace blows but does not heat (intermittent problem)

Page 6 of 6

Congratulations. I, too, fixed my problem myself by replacing my stack over temp switch, which several of the highly experienced HVAC professionals here claimed they had never heard of.
Pinko Flaggo wrote:

I think I remember those exchanges.
Good for you for fixing without the need for "professional" help.
| | > All works PERFECTLY now -- ran the furnace for about 2 hours straight | > and didn't get a hiccup. | | Congratulations. I, too, fixed my problem myself by replacing my stack | over temp switch, which several of the highly experienced HVAC | professionals here claimed they had never heard of. |
What was wrong with it? and why did it fail?

No you didnt. You fixed a sympton. I WILL come back to bite you in the ass. Limit problems need to be diagnosed properly as they can have very expensive and very deadly consequences. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

That would make you ...
... an ass biter!
Limit problems need to be diagnosed properly as they can have