Furance Filters

The cleanable filter that came with the American Standard furance has developed holes from cleaning. I replaced the filter with a pleaded filter with seems to have restricted air flow. American Standard's user's guide says to use a high velocity type of filter. The filter that a purchased did not carry this designation nor did any filter offered for sale at Home Depot. Any recommandation for a type or brand of replacement filter, or should I contact American Standard / Trane for a replacement cleanable filter. Many thanks.

Reply to
lipala

Noon-Air

Pleated filters are OK and should be good for 2 to 3 months.

Reply to
Moe Jones

I generally don't recommend pleated E35 filters unless the system can handle to air loss. Use a standard one inch filter unless you have a really good reason for using a high end pleat. You have to lose some air to gain the extra trapping ability of a pleated filter. If you have two filters in a return plenum set up as an "A", then you can afford the extra filtering and may not see to dramatic of a static increase.

Reply to
Zephyr

install a 1" pleated filter & change it every 2-3 months.

I have a Trane furnace & I install a 2" pleated filter that gets changed every 6 months......if I think about it.

Reply to
gofish