Friedrich Window Unit Has A Mind of Its Own!

It cools just fine, but I'm having 2 problems with this unit:

Model KS15L10 - 14,500 BTU 115v. Using it in a 500 sq ft living room, facing north.

1) I can't seem to control the temperature. A setpoint of say 77° is at a different place of the dial every time I use the unit. Some nights it's straight up and down (12 o'clock) but it can be as off as 3 o'clock or even 9 o'clock. Moreover when I finally get it set, over the course of several hours the temperature slowly goes down to 74° or lower.

2) Sometime it cuts out the compressor before reaching any reasonable setpoint. For example, if I set the temperature dial at 3 o'clock, it will cut out at 78° and then short cycle continually unless I actually pin the dial in the 'max' position.

Now, I know the thermostat is the most likely culprit, but is there something else I should be looking at?

Many thanks!

A_C

Reply to
Agent_C

My heart goes out to you (before I go any fader I am in refrigeration tread) I had two Friedrich units first one did not last one season had local they rep. come to take it look it they said it was leak on the condenser, ok they took unit out it took them month and half to bring it back, so it took one month to get condenser from Taxes to NJ "yeh right" and that is after I have treating them with law suit anyway I got it back it lasted barely one season. At this time I took unit apart and have find leak at Evaporator had it fix, it lasted two season but now new problem compressor in after noon when heat comes on would start dumping trough internal relief valve. Now what well since I have enough experience to tackle anything I dump R-22 and recharge system with R-12 not efficient but it did work for two years when fan motor started acting up I replace run cap. it would run for while but it really new one was needed. Gone out and want to purchase new unit to fit same sleeve since these was through the wall unit I don't want to be cutting new hole in a wall of house. OK according to supplier and software on their computer they have one just for that sleeve excellent I got unit and I Was happy "Wrong" the F----ing unit is much longer don't fit into sleeve well what can you do take out old sleeve and install new one. Great it lasted three years on this one fan bearings gone. NEVER AGAIN I WILL PURCHASE ANYTHING WITH FRIEDRICH NAME ON IT!!!!! Good luck friend you needed

"Agent_C" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Grumpy

Reply to
.p.jm.

My Croatian is not too good, but I can understand Tony's "English".

He studied reading, but not writing.

Real Pisser

Paul you are in wrong country

Reply to
Grumpy

I believed it is much better then SPANISH

Reply to
Grumpy

Reply to
.p.jm.

I bet that in Iran, Paul can have usenet posters beheaded.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think you got it figured. You da man!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

waddayou know! Stormy can be condescending!

Real Pisser

Most civil Americans understand broken as any dialect of English. Others need help.

Reply to
mandrill

Only when people are well deserving. But, then, you wouldn't know.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon