Freus?

Hi Everyone:
I was doing some research into high-efficiency A/C systems (see my other thread: should I replace my A/C) and I came across the Freus watercooled system (http://www.freus.com /) which looked really interesting... until I came across this: http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/southcentral/2006/07/06/70105.htm .
What's the deal with Freus? Do any of you have any experience with them or their systems?
Regards, Brian
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 23:59:06 -0400, "[SPICEISLE.COM] Brian Steele"

Brian, I think you need to calm down and put that "woody" back in your pants. Its only Air Conditioning. Pick one and move on. Bubba
"Bubba" wrote:

LOL. At a local utility rate of US$0.33/kWh, on an island where you're basically three to six weeks' of shipping away from servicing and replacement parts, it's NOT "only air conditioning". Running costs are a significant factor, as is servicing and parts replacement.
Regards, Brian
On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:56:23 -0400, "Brian Steele"

Sorry. No sympathy here. I'll take your island and its weather any day.........and I'll do it without "Air". How bout I send you a big ol bag of snow when the first one hits? Bubba