Freus?

Hi Everyone:

I was doing some research into high-efficiency A/C systems (see my other thread: should I replace my A/C) and I came across the Freus watercooled system

which looked really interesting... until I came across this:
What's the deal with Freus? Do any of you have any experience with them or their systems?

Regards, Brian

Reply to
[SPICEISLE.COM] Brian Steele

Brian, I think you need to calm down and put that "woody" back in your pants. Its only Air Conditioning. Pick one and move on. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

LOL. At a local utility rate of US$0.33/kWh, on an island where you're basically three to six weeks' of shipping away from servicing and replacement parts, it's NOT "only air conditioning". Running costs are a significant factor, as is servicing and parts replacement.

Regards, Brian

Reply to
Brian Steele

Sorry. No sympathy here. I'll take your island and its weather any day.........and I'll do it without "Air". How bout I send you a big ol bag of snow when the first one hits? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba