Freon leaks on new compressor

I have a new Trane 4 tons compressor installed for about a month, one day I found out the cold coper line out put from compressor (area near the re-charge nut) has oil on it. I wapped it completely thinking it was the freon splitted out during the installation, 2-3 days later the oil appears again and it accumulated as time going. I called the service company, they send the same man installed the unit, after 15 minute checking (he used the beeping detetecor) he told me no leaks at all. But Im sure the oils is accumulating Someone pls give me a suggesion... how do I test it myself to know the truth,,, frankly I dont trust the service man 100%

Reply to
ccon67

Try dish detergent shaken up with hot water and brush it on the fitting, look for minor bubbling. The electronic leak detector, if turned on & working properly, should have beeped if there was a leak!

Maybe he didn't want to pump the refrigerant into the condenser and then re-braze the fitting. After which the lines need to be leak tested by pressurizing with dry nitrogen. A deep vacuum pulled and then the refrigerant released back into the lines.

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

Try dish detergent with hot water and brush it on the fitting, look for minor bubbling. The electronic leak detector, if turned on & working properly, should have beeped if there was a leak!

Maybe he didn't want to pump the refrigerant into the condenser and then re-braze the fitting. After which the lines need to be leak tested by pressurizing with dry nitrogen. A deep vacuum pulled and then the refrigerant released back into the lines.

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

He did say some of the water was sucked into the fitting. Makes me wonder what's the superheat like?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There should be lubricating oil inside the compressor for lubrication. Very often when there is a freon leak, some of the oil comes out. As you have dried the fitting and the oil came back, that is a strong indication that you have a freon leak.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Trane compressors are not sweat....they are roto-lock type....it could be the white seal ring But in some cases, it has been necessary to oil down the nut for easier removal upon compressor replacement

Reply to
daytona

WTF????????

Reply to
shaun

I suppose it could be a Suva leak. Or maybe even a Forane leak.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

I'm suspecting a Genetron leak myself.

Barry

Reply to
Barry

Barry posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

I have to take a leak... I am pisssed.

Reply to
Tekkie®

after about a week, there's lot of oils when touching the that area, oils can wet ur finnger, more around the recharge "neck" area. It's strange that the welder joins next to it show no bubble, not very sure it sucked things in :))

I suspect the leaks is from the manufacture c> There should be lubricating oil inside the compressor for lubrication.

Reply to
ccon67

I thought I read him say that some of the soapy water got sucked into the leaky area. Was I reading it wrong?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, if it was a suva leak, the four wheel drive would not work. I just hate it when suvas stop working. And a Forane leak, you couldn't get the forane off the ground at the airport. Foranes cost more than planes.

Though, you're right. Either that, it coulda been an isotron leak, or a.... genetron leak.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

correction: 7.5 ton Trane compressors use welded connections, all other sizes use Roto-locks.

Reply to
gofish

You are a f****ng comet sucking idiot.

No other words for it.

Reply to
aka-SBM

you must have snapping turtle in side of you ac No system do not suck in unless you ac is out of refrigerant Dido say that

Reply to
Dido

you must have snapping turtle in side of you ac No system do not suck in unless you ac is out of refrigerant Dido say that

Reply to
Dido

I'll bet it's a Genetron leak.

Who wants to be a millionaire?