Freon leaks on new compressor

I have a new Trane 4 tons compressor installed for about a month, one day I found out the cold coper line out put from compressor (area near the re-charge nut) has oil on it. I wapped it completely thinking it was the freon splitted out during the installation, 2-3 days later the oil appears again and it accumulated as time going. I called the service company, they send the same man installed the unit, after 15 minute checking (he used the beeping detetecor) he told me no leaks at all. But Im sure the oils is accumulating Someone pls give me a suggesion... how do I test it myself to know the truth,,, frankly I dont trust the service man 100%
snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net wrote:

Try dish detergent shaken up with hot water and brush it on the fitting, look for minor bubbling. The electronic leak detector, if turned on & working properly, should have beeped if there was a leak!
Maybe he didn't want to pump the refrigerant into the condenser and then re-braze the fitting. After which the lines need to be leak tested by pressurizing with dry nitrogen. A deep vacuum pulled and then the refrigerant released back into the lines. - udarrell
Trane compressors are not sweat....they are roto-lock type....it could be the white seal ring But in some cases, it has been necessary to oil down the nut for easier removal upon compressor replacement

correction: 7.5 ton Trane compressors use welded connections, all other sizes use Roto-locks.
snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net wrote:

Try dish detergent with hot water and brush it on the fitting, look for minor bubbling. The electronic leak detector, if turned on & working properly, should have beeped if there was a leak!
Maybe he didn't want to pump the refrigerant into the condenser and then re-braze the fitting. After which the lines need to be leak tested by pressurizing with dry nitrogen. A deep vacuum pulled and then the refrigerant released back into the lines. - udarrell
He did say some of the water was sucked into the fitting. Makes me wonder what's the superheat like?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

I thought I read him say that some of the soapy water got sucked into the leaky area. Was I reading it wrong?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

There should be lubricating oil inside the compressor for lubrication. Very often when there is a freon leak, some of the oil comes out. As you have dried the fitting and the oil came back, that is a strong indication that you have a freon leak.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I suppose it could be a Suva leak. Or maybe even a Forane leak.

I'm suspecting a Genetron leak myself.
Barry
Barry posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

I have to take a leak... I am pisssed.
--
Tekkie

Well, if it was a suva leak, the four wheel drive would not work. I just hate it when suvas stop working. And a Forane leak, you couldn't get the forane off the ground at the airport. Foranes cost more than planes.
Though, you're right. Either that, it coulda been an isotron leak, or a.... genetron leak.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

I'll bet it's a Genetron leak.
Who wants to be a millionaire?
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
Stormin Mormon wrote:

face=Arial>...<BR>&gt;&gt; I have a new Trane 4 tons compressor installed for about a month, one<BR>&gt;&gt; day I found out the cold coper line out put from compressor (area near<BR>&gt;&gt; the re-charge nut) has oil on it.&nbsp;&nbsp; I wapped it completely thinking it<BR>&gt;&gt; was the freon splitted out during the installation, 2-3 days later the<BR>&gt;&gt; oil appears again and it accumulated as time going.&nbsp; I called the<BR>&gt;&gt; service company, they send the same man installed the unit, after 15<BR>&gt;&gt; minute checking (he used the beeping detetecor)&nbsp; he told me no leaks<BR>&gt;&gt; at<BR>&gt;&gt; all.&nbsp; But Im sure the oils is accumulating<BR>&gt;&gt; Someone pls give me a suggesion... how do I test it myself to know the<BR>&gt;&gt; truth,,, frankly I dont trust the service man 100%<BR>&gt;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=