free cool water A/C

I live on a boat the water 6feet below me is 55 deg the idwa that I can cool my living space with a water pump evaparator coil and a fan has been itching in my head for some time the windoe units I use to cool the boat add up to 2.5 tons I can get junk A/C from local contractors ( people I have worked for in the past ) now I want to use 100% frish air and open and close windows to regulate the system so my question is what size coil do I need ? I will be useing a carrier or a heatpump coil maybe even repiping the coil to allow more water to flow through it

Use an old radiator from a truck.Put a strainer in line before the pump suction with an easy clean out access.
been there done that it sprays condensate all over the place
kool wrote:

An old evap will not work (most likely 3/8" OD)....you need more surface area....like a hot water heating coil (mayb 1/2" or 5/8" OD), but send chilled water through it. Also don't for the condensation from the coil....drain pain, drain and etc

Would you like to clear that last statement up? :-)

Git

It's the 4th of July. He had one hand on an open can of beer, the other was busy typing on the key board. LMAO
--
Zyp

<kjpro @ usenet.com> wrote in message
none wrote:

I will contact the EPA and have you shut down for raising the water temperature and disturbing the fish....
Just kidding... but I've seen that logic used at power plants where they raise the water temp..... in their own cooling lagoon... by more than 1 degree.
Jake
Or disturbing the snails that live 200 mi down river :o)

Sorry Daytona but snails can't live in sweet waters? unless he dilutes some Irish Mist into it Tony

commercial or office remodel.These coils are designed for chill water.
I have never seen one of these not broken down for copper you would almost have to be on the job site at the time it's pulled out to get one of these used and hope that it wasn't droped 10'
I do know how to braze freon lines I doubt I would have much of a problem repiping a coil to get enought water through the coil my pump will give me at least 1000gph at the head I plan to install this at
it just realy bothers me that I have this almost free resource that I haven't taped I also live at a boat harbor electric rates are about 3 times what you woud pay at your house like $0.40@KWH in the summer $0.20@KWH winter
digitalmaster wrote:

modified to use a fresh stream of water instead of recirculation water from the reservoir.