free cool water A/C

I live on a boat the water 6feet below me is 55 deg the idwa that I can cool my living space with a water pump evaparator coil and a fan has been itching in my head for some time the windoe units I use to cool the boat add up to 2.5 tons I can get junk A/C from local contractors ( people I have worked for in the past ) now I want to use 100% frish air and open and close windows to regulate the system so my question is what size coil do I need ? I will be useing a carrier or a heatpump coil maybe even repiping the coil to allow more water to flow through it

Reply to
""rob"

Use an old radiator from a truck.Put a strainer in line before the pump suction with an easy clean out access.

Reply to
kool

been there done that it sprays condensate all over the place

kool wrote:

Reply to
""rob"

An old evap will not work (most likely 3/8" OD)....you need more surface area....like a hot water heating coil (mayb 1/2" or 5/8" OD), but send chilled water through it. Also don't for the condensation from the coil....drain pain, drain and etc

Reply to
daytona°

Would you like to clear that last statement up? :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

Git

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

It&#39;s the 4th of July. He had one hand on an open can of beer, the other was busy typing on the key board. LMAO

Reply to
Zephyr

I will contact the EPA and have you shut down for raising the water temperature and disturbing the fish....

Just kidding... but I&#39;ve seen that logic used at power plants where they raise the water temp..... in their own cooling lagoon... by more than 1 degree.

Jake

Reply to
Jake

Or disturbing the snails that live 200 mi down river :o)

Reply to
daytona°

keep a check at the scrap yard for a commercial ahu or fpu pulled from a commercial or office remodel.These coils are designed for chill water.

Reply to
digitalmaster

I have never seen one of these not broken down for copper you would almost have to be on the job site at the time it&#39;s pulled out to get one of these used and hope that it wasn&#39;t droped 10&#39;

I do know how to braze freon lines I doubt I would have much of a problem repiping a coil to get enought water through the coil my pump will give me at least 1000gph at the head I plan to install this at

it just realy bothers me that I have this almost free resource that I haven&#39;t taped I also live at a boat harbor electric rates are about 3 times what you woud pay at your house like $0.40@KWH in the summer $0.20@KWH winter

digitalmaster wrote:

Reply to
""rob"

perhaps one of these

to use a fresh stream of water instead of recirculation water from the reservoir.

Reply to
digitalmaster

Sorry Daytona but snails can&#39;t live in sweet waters? unless he dilutes some Irish Mist into it Tony

Reply to
Tony