Found crack in cylindrical part inside A/C condenser unit

Page 2 of 2
Did the peak through the top of the condensor look like this? http://tinyurl.com/6ccuyv
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Would that really stick to the rusty metal? Doesn't the rust have to be brushed off first in order for the paint to really stick? I would be scared of using a wire brush to try and prepare the surface of a tank that is pressurized. Likely the most I could do before painting it would be to wipe it off with a cloth.
J.
Add pictures here
✖
JayN wrote:

Jay;
The unit you showed in your picture that you posted is approximately 24 years old or better. [1985] Most residential HVAC equipment will give you 20 years of service [albeit without proper maintenance]. I'd be looking at replacing the unit with a more current, efficient unit. You'd likely cut your electrical usage by 40% with a newer high efficiency unit.
Understand it is a home appliance and has a life cycle.
--
Zyp

Add pictures here
✖