Flame cycles on and off

I just noticed something about my Carrier natural gas furnace .. (Series 110, probably about 20 years old.)
I noticed that while the fan is on, the flame will go out for about 10 seconds, then relight, then on for perhaps a minute, then out, etc.
Is that normal? It's still giving off plenty of heat, so I'm unsure if I need a service call or not. Anyone?
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 22:29:45 -0600, "Duncan Tuna"

Thermostat is bad. Time to change it. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

... which is your usual bogus answer.

Do feel free to answer the op question yourself then....

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 21:20:46 -0800, "Jeffrey Lebowski"

CJT is still trying to figure out which end of the furnace to look at. Bubba
On 03 Feb 2007 05:04:28 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Yes you were WRONG, werent you DANgER? You know damn good and well you thought that furnace had a single flame sensor sitting over to the side of the burners all by itself. It DOESNT and you were WRONG fuckhead. You couldnt diagnose a pilot that wasnt lit. Go back outside and suck on the end of your tail pipe some more.

Oh CHRIST! "not normal behavior??" Here we go with another Canuck wild ass guess. Time to change the module. Better change the gas valve too. While you're at it, change the blower motor. Dont forget a stat. That outta cover it the way the wild wonder from Canada "fixes" things. Bubba

Bubba wrote:

As I recall, that was YOUR recommendation.
That

..........and if you were bright enough to follow along closely CJT you dipshit, you would recall that the dumb Canuck actually believes and uses that procedure. I dont. I can see you will need much help following along............ Bubba

Bubba wrote:

HAHAHA it's like arguing with a retard.
bubbs I have never seen you answer a question correctly. If I'm diagnosing a problem over the internet obviously it's just a guess. If his pilot burner was replaced, then it was because his electrode was dirty and not rectifing a signal back to the module. I said clean the flame sensore...the sensor that senses flame. I was right. It was your small mind that pictured a seperate sensor opposite the electrode. SIGH I don't expect you to understand. Go back to cleaning your furnaces and changing your fan belts. HAHA I don't get you clowns...you don't ever help anyone, and just critize people that try too. It's obvious your all jealous and incompetent. I don't care what any of you so called pro's have to say. LOL
You guys have too much time on your hands...my l;ittle furnace cleaner fans :)
DANgER > all
btw bubbs > means GREATER THEN LOL
not on top!
:P
-Canadian Heat
On Feb 3, 10:32 pm, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Dan you keep blabbing about dirty electrodes. Dont you understand how a Carrier two or three wire pilot burners work? Its not by flame rectification, they are bi-metal warp switches.
"Dan you keep blabbing about dirty electrodes. Dont you understand how a Carrier two or three wire pilot burners work? Its not by flame rectification, they are bi-metal warp switches."
Who is Dan, and what are you talking about. That carrier has a simple electrode ignition system. He changed the pilot burner. Read much?
LOL
-Canadian Heat
On Feb 4, 12:29 pm, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

So what your trying to say is that you dont know what a 2 or 3 wire pilot burner is or how they operate.

Yes, that is what he's saying.
On 4 Feb 2007 06:34:48 -0800, "Power's Mechanical"

You're talking to the "wall" Mike. DANgER is a clueless idiot and now you've just given him something new he has to try and figure out what it is your talking about. A couple months should be enough time. Bubba

What ever Dan is I know he picked the right handel...
On 04 Feb 2007 03:32:24 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

and you seem to be left all alone in the corner wearing a diaper licking a window. And you still couldnt diagnose shit if it were laying on your tongue. Bubba

and you need to go sit on the other side of DANgERS Canadian window and start licking. Bubba

HAHAHAHA your obssesed with me bubbs!
DANgER > you
BTW hows that cheerleader wife? HAHAHAHA Say hi to your sister for me.
"A new law was recently passed in Arkansas. When a couple gets a divorce they're still brother and sister."
-Canadian Heat