Flakes of brown paper coming from vents...???

I keep a pretty close eye on our central HVAC unit (located up in the attic), and vacuum-clean the coils, check for leaks, etc. myself. The last year or so, however, especially if it's been off for a day or two, when it first comes on, little flakes of medium-brown paper, the biggest about like the end of a pencil, come down from some of the vents. Can anybody tell me what this is and where it might be coming from? I can't see anything like that in the central unit.

Thanks, Ron M. snipped-for-privacy@peacefulhills.net

Reply to
bstevens

Sounds like jism that the installer left in the ductwork. Don't worry, it will go away in a few years.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

"Special Sauce" Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba,

my "bad day" posting is very funny and has some secret sauce at the ending of the video. I promise it is safe to view.

Bob

Reply to
DIMwit

You confuse me everytime you type and I think I'll pass on your video. Maybe you and your little dog will enjoy it more. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Sorry, I can't see it through the computer... maybe you should call a local pro??

Reply to
Noon-Air

Actually, you are VERY confusing. You are turning into PJ without the (so far ) maniacal outbursts. To put it in your own words, "it must suck to be you". You used to be more rational, but I guess the holiday blues got you down? anyway, that's your problem.

Ah, that felt good. una mas dos Exxis por favor

DIMwit

Reply to
DIMwit

I know Im confusing. I suppose everyone who posts in here gets quite confusing to you. We all seem to use an understood and accepted language. Its called English. Its painfully evident that you havent quite grasped it yet. .......and yes, "It must suck to be you". Try and think up your own material. Later, Bubba

Reply to
Bubba
,

Heh heh, I'd love to chat more, but I am going into the city to spend New Year's Eve.

My command of the English language is fine, although yours is only 2 notches up from Dido, but he has an excuse that English is not his first language. If you'd like, you can meet me and Dido ant 42nd street and Broadway.

I'll be the good looking guy with the mustache and the beautiful babe with the luscious t*ts. Oh yeah, you've seen them already.

Have to run now. See you there?

Reply to
DIMwit

sounds like a rodent or two has taken up residence in your duct system, and the tiny little flakes of brown paper are the remnants of their 'brown bag lunch special'

Nope?

maybe the cardboard duct system is finally deteriorating?

Nope?

maybe the little brown flakes are really rust flakes?

reminds me of a svc call I went on....

complaint: little tiny brown flakes of something lightly dusting the tables in a restuarant. 20+ yr old lennox gas pkg unit on the roof with the welded mild steel hx. Rust-bucket city. Rust was flaking off the hx, blown thru the coil and on down the duct system, right out onto the customers food. Yummy.

Reply to
gofish

It is the fully aged quality inspection seal on the inside of your ductwork.

Reply to
catalpa

posted for all of us...

Everyone needs iron in their diet.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Actually, it does not suck to be me. I am quite happy with my life and successes. You don't hear me bitching in every post of how stupid everybody is. I enjoy my work most of the time. People call me from all over the World for my expertise, gained over almost 30 years. My customers spend upwards of almost a million dollars and I help them over the phone to troubleshoot problems if and when they happen for no additional charge :-). Our own service techs call me for help when they are on site and get stuck.

And, I remain humble for the most part, not an angry arrogant asshole like you no matter how smart you may or not be.

I used to admire your mix of humor and Oscar the grouch helpfulness. You have tuned into Darth Vader, Aniken Bubba. Heh, Heh enjoy the role, you fit it perfectly. Others in this group seem to be disagreeing with you more and more. I know, who the f*ck cares about anybody else, Bubbaken?

Now that WAS a strain for me to type, considering how I feel after lasts night's celebration in NYC. Got up too early. What's good for a hangover Bubba? you must be an expert on that too.

Bob

Reply to
DIMwit

I have seen the algae/sludge buildup in the coil drain pan dry up and turn into small flakes which can be blown out through the ducts. The stuff is brownish color and could be mistaken for bits of paper, I suppose. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

"good looking guy" "babe" "luscious t*ts" "people calling you from all over the world" "customers spend upwards of a million dollars"

You'll have to excuse me for a while. I'll be needing to go get a shovel and clean all this shit off my shoes that you seem to have left in here. You are obviously one thing though........"full of shit". I fail to remember where I told you I was here for your enjoyment and entertainment. I guess you'll just have to find something even more meaninless for your future enjoyment. Hangover cure: Maybe stuff yourself with some more of your own shit. Seems to be working so far. oh, and a million dollars? Thats diddly. What, you have 3 or 4 ppl working for you? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba,

Like it or not, you are quite amusing only because you view things from your perspective.

My hangover is gone, thanks.

I never said it was MY company. I work for a company with about 5 thousand employees.

We have sold tens of thousands of those machines over the years.

As far a me being full of shit: maybe I am, but I don't often hear people spewing the tons of shit you do. You certainly need the shovel to clean up your own shit.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread, so just have a Happy New Year. I don't hate you, whether you give a shit or not.

I'm here for the fun; you've got lots of others to argue with. I've got better things to do than go back and forth on crapola.

Bob

Reply to
DIMwit

Understood and Likewise on all accounts. Have a nice new year. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Does HomoDepot give you those orange aprons, or do you have to buy 'em yourself?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Dunno, I get blues from Lewes

Reply to