Feeling Robbed out of $5,000 - New 13 Seer inferior to 18 year old 10 Seer

Bad work ethics, poor training, lack of concern, etc...

Reply to
tech

zero posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

He's gonna blow!

Reply to
Tekkie®

Now you've gone and made stormy's head hurt.

Reply to
Al Moran

Told you, you made his head hurt.

Reply to
Al Moran

Now his head is ready to explode. So much information to know in this hvac thing!

Reply to
Al Moran

"You can't shout down a troll"

Is part of Stormin's sig line, it has nothing to do with me and I have never posted that.

Reply to
tech

All that takes is for him to look in a mirror and realize he's not a real tech! LOL

Reply to
tech

Empty set. I do not use a micron gage daily.

I use it occasionally.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ah, good one.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I already knew that, but you didn't answer the question. What brand is your test instrament?

Reply to
tech

OK here's the deal ! I will arrive at you're home within 20 minutes to one hour of my arrival I will digignoise your problem and tell you what actions are necessary to correct your problem (S).

Cost: 1250.00 one day service minimium

Airfare from PA

Rental car one day

hotel room one night (unless you want to make other arrangements that are acceptabe to me:) )

My customers pay this regularly and think they are getting a bargin, because like I said I'll tell you what wrong in 20 minutes to an hour. And, might I add most people in this forum work on equipment much more complicated than a residential AC system. It seems to me that the company you hired is not worth a F***. Shame on you. Now, cut your loses immediately call Lennox. Get the regional manager out there. Put Lennox and the installers on the spot. DEMAND a resolution.

Barry

Reply to
Barry

Get both lines completely replaced. Make sure they use a 3/8 and

7/8, not a 3/4.
Reply to
JimL

Depending on manufacture's specifications and installation requirements, a

3/4 suction line may in fact be what's called for by the manufacture.
Reply to
tech

From what I remember, three tons will run on 3/8 - 3/4 if the line set is fairly short. But, I'd have to go back and look in the book.

However, a 3/8 liquid and 7/8 vapor line should handle the needs of a three ton system. Up to some length of line, that is.

If you're running off a 1/4 liquid line, it's likely to be starving the evaporator. High superheat, and possibly high head.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Vak Check model 4501.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I don't know why there is any doubt among the group that anything less than a 3/8 liquid line is most certainly the problem... or at least the primary issue. I have yet to see a new system in the past 15 years require anything less than 3/8 LL... larger for extremely long line runs. As for suction line, if it's less than 30 feet you should be able to get by with a 3/4 on 13 SEER, anything else and you will likely need a 7/8 suction line. Anything over 3 ton on 13 SEER I've seen 7/8 as the minimum required, larger on extremely long runs.

If it were my system, I would have a new company come out and replace the liquid line with 3/8, double check the specs to see if 7/8 suction were needed and if so, also have that replaced... then I would send the bill for repair to the installing company with demand for payment... perhaps from an attorney.

Not much doubt left... problem solved... thanks for playing.

Reply to
Murdentech

That's exactly how it going to play out in about 3 hours. FWIW the line is right at about 30ft.

Reply to
ebay

Of course there are other readings to consider. The start up information should have included...

Suction pressure Discharge pressure Saturated suction temperature close to the compressor Saturated condensing temperature close to the metering device Return air temperature Supply air temperature Outside air temperature Condenser discharge air temperature Subcool reading superheat reading Wet bulb temperature manufacturers design subcool or superheat compressor amps condenser fan amps

These readings should be taken at no less than 15 minutes of continuous run time. Hardly any tech that I've ever come across writes these numbers down on their invoices, it's a shame since they can be really useful to those who use them on a consistent basis. These readings will tell a competent tech what's wrong with the unit without even touching it.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

That's just a stupid question for someone who states that they are or have been in the field for a number of years.

It can take ten minutes or ten hours, what does it matter how long? You run the vacuum pump until you bring the system down to the "REQUIRED" micron level. Then there are other considerations such as triple purge/evacuate which have more to do with noncondensibles or moisture in the system. Do some reading once in a while, geeze.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to
RSCamaro

I was replying to a stupid comment. However, if you selectively quote only my text, you lose that fact.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon