Feeling Robbed out of $5,000 - New 13 Seer inferior to 18 year old 10 Seer

Page 2 of 3

Bad work ethics, poor training, lack of concern, etc...
On 23 Aug 2006 15:06:47 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@spxchrome.com wrote:

Get both lines completely replaced. Make sure they use a 3/8 and 7/8, not a 3/4.

Depending on manufacture's specifications and installation requirements, a 3/4 suction line may in fact be what's called for by the manufacture.
From what I remember, three tons will run on 3/8 - 3/4 if the line set is fairly short. But, I'd have to go back and look in the book.
However, a 3/8 liquid and 7/8 vapor line should handle the needs of a three ton system. Up to some length of line, that is.
If you're running off a 1/4 liquid line, it's likely to be starving the evaporator. High superheat, and possibly high head.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

I don't know why there is any doubt among the group that anything less than a 3/8 liquid line is most certainly the problem... or at least the primary issue. I have yet to see a new system in the past 15 years require anything less than 3/8 LL... larger for extremely long line runs. As for suction line, if it's less than 30 feet you should be able to get by with a 3/4 on 13 SEER, anything else and you will likely need a 7/8 suction line. Anything over 3 ton on 13 SEER I've seen 7/8 as the minimum required, larger on extremely long runs.
If it were my system, I would have a new company come out and replace the liquid line with 3/8, double check the specs to see if 7/8 suction were needed and if so, also have that replaced... then I would send the bill for repair to the installing company with demand for payment... perhaps from an attorney.
Not much doubt left... problem solved... thanks for playing.

That's exactly how it going to play out in about 3 hours. FWIW the line is right at about 30ft.
Before we ask about microns, I'd love to know how many hours to leave the vac pump running.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Quite a few.
-zero

Now his head is ready to explode. So much information to know in this hvac thing!

"You can't shout down a troll"
Is part of Stormin's sig line, it has nothing to do with me and I have never posted that.
Ah, good one.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:33:05 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

Told you, you made his head hurt.
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:33:05 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

That's just a stupid question for someone who states that they are or have been in the field for a number of years.
It can take ten minutes or ten hours, what does it matter how long? You run the vacuum pump until you bring the system down to the "REQUIRED" micron level. Then there are other considerations such as triple purge/evacuate which have more to do with noncondensibles or moisture in the system. Do some reading once in a while, geeze.
I was replying to a stupid comment. However, if you selectively quote only my text, you lose that fact.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:55:17 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

Anyone care to tell me what he wrote about? It makes no sense, not that I expect it from an illiterate, ignorant, fool. Stormy, you should go out to WalMart, browse the toy section, and buy a clue, because I think that Col. Mustard did you with a candle stick in the library.
...Ron

-- 68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
RSCamaro wrote:

I think the author would be best suited to answer. Ironically he's also the worst.
YOU make everyone else look SMART!