fan blower runs continually

I have an old forced air natural gas home heater. THe fan will run continually. If I gently tap the meatl housing near the fan limit switch the blower shuts off. Is the fan limit getting stuck?

Reply to
jkarp464

Dunno without seeing it.... How old is your Jurrasic furnace?? When was the last time it was serviced by a competent, licensed tech??

Reply to
Noon-Air

Oh..probably about 30 years old. It was serviced 2 years ago

Reply to
jkarp464

Uh huh...... and just how long do you think they are supposed to last?? Nope, the answer is not "forever".

Reply to
Noon-Air

Reply to
jamesgangnc

ummm..... control board?? 30 year old gas furnace??? ROFLMAO

Reply to
Noon-Air

Reply to
jamesgangnc

It's 30 yrs old....no frickin board....the only board there is a 2 X 4 holding it up

Reply to
daytona°

Reply to
jamesgangnc

"jamesgangnc" wrote

It sure does. You've got him looking for some sort of fan control board with a relay. He needs a new fan/limit. But really....he needs a new furnace....30 years old...no telling what the exchanger looks like, not to mention it's 50 to 55% fuel efficient.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Reply to
Bubba