exhaust pipe of the oil water heater leak

I have an oil-fired water heater. It has metal exhaust pipe going into the chimney. Last night I found that it has a hole (looks like it burned through) and some exhaust fumes and soot are coming out into the basement. The joint seems to be made with some kind of cement. Is there a way to repair this hole using supplies from Home Depot? (it is right next to the wall and about 1/8 " to 1/4" in diameter)
Thank you
ds1720 posted for all of us...

I guess your co detector didn't go off because you don't have one?
--
Tekkie - I approve this advertisement/statement/utterance.

Excellent point! Especially with oil appliances. CO detector mounted low (CO is heavy and displaces from the bottom, up) Smoke detector high (smoke is lighter than air and settles high then works it's way down)
You want to double check that. I think monoxide is lighter than air.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Unless you are looking to kill your self and famili get the g-d demn thing fix Tony

Unless you are looking to kill your self and famili get the g-d demn thing fix Tony