Error codes

I have a new Bryant heating system that on occasion shuts down when heating up.The thermostat window goes blank and then reads"A2".The company who installed the system has been out three times and basically has said they don't know what to do.The are no error codes printed anywhere and the Bryant factory told me the don't know the codes and just work with my dealer.I just think there someone in the country who knows what the problem is. Help

Reply to
Waynewoodward

Hi, I suspect the thermostat? What brand what model? Is it running on battery? Or off furnace with battery back up? If furnace is faulty it'll give it's own trouble code. Gewnerally furnace installers don't have good back in electricity/electronics. When I was upgrading our furnace, installer was very hesitant to do what I wanted. When I told them controlling part will be done by myself, they were happy and gave me some discount.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thanks for replying.It must run off the furnace because I see no battery on the thermostat.The thermostat is a "Bryant Zone Perfect Plus"and I have two zones.I do have a manual but it tells me that any code with "e" or "a" is a problem and I should call the dealer.

Reply to
wayne

Hi, Does it run in heat mode for a while before you get the error? One thing you can try is jumper the R and W terminals on the 'stat it'll start heating mode and it may come up with trouble code on the furnace controller. Bryant is Carrier family under different badge. Is your filter is clean? Do you have two thermostats? Then maybe installer could have made wiring error. I am not a HVAC expert but retired from Honeywell after ~40 years, process control side.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Found this:

?qid=20120115054414AALVA4n