Embraco Conpressor X-ref

OK I know appliances aren't part of this world, but this one is driving me nuts... Of course it's mine, & the marital strife is worse than the sub par freezer. (please don't mention the lack of hardness in the meat... but I digress)
I've got a 20 yr old Sub-Zero mdl 532 w/dual compressors. The freezer side is giving up, as much as I coax it along... It's got a 1/5th HP Embraco (Bristol?) compressor & I've been unable to find a replacement. Any help will be appreciated. The guys at my wholesale house are coming up with a few ideas, but I'm not staking on them.
hoping for goodluck geothermaljones st.paul,mn
Please post whatever numbers you have on the compressor, and I (for one) will provide what help I can.
Sub Zero does have some parts houses, I know of at least one.
Seeing as it's a freezer, you could figure it's a low back pressure compressor.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"geothermaljones" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:38:17 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Get your thimble out because Im sure whatever Stormy will provide you will easily fit in there. Bubba

Embraco and some cross reference materials located here: http://hvacprotech.org/toc/compressors.html Hope it helps.
I bought a generic compressor for a friend's big sidexside a year or so ago. Think it was Tecumseh, but not positive. As I recall, it was between $85 and 90. I would keep the box on R12 if it was mine. Hell, people will often pay you to haul off old refrigerators/freezers. Probably 95% have perfectly good compressors. Get one that way plus a little bit of R12 to boot. Larry