dukane furnace rumbles w/fume smell

Page 2 of 2
On 19 Dec 2006 10:22:30 -0800, "jamesgangnc"

James, You have got to be the dumbest fucker on the face of this planet. We love retards like you. When your furnace quits because of lack of maintenance I usually get to zip fools like you for about $600 - $800. Then you whine and cry like a stuck pig. Its really great. Then comes the big, "I told you so". If you think todays furnaces dont need maintenance Id suggest you get out your furnace owners/operator manual. Dirty filters do extreme damage. Dirty flame sensors cause no heat. Furnace condensate traps clog causing water logged, ruined presure switches, gas valves and inducer motors. Parts are expensive and labor is getting out of this world. A pre-arranged inexpensive preventative maintenance call is more than worth the money. You have just won not only the darwin award of the month, you have just claimed it for the entire year. Nice going, dil-rod. Bubba

Stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel, Bubba! LOL :-)
--
Respectfully, Bob

So you recommend having your hvac service technician change the air filters on a regular basis? Sounds like pretty easy money for you. How much you marking those air filters up? 600% Let me guess, those are special "Bubba" air filters, you need a license to buy them at the parts counter. Homeowners can only get them from you. Yukyuk.
Bubba wrote:

I just fired a customer like you.... had his mind made up and couldn't be confused with the facts. OTOH, go ahead and run the 3 for a dollar K-mart filters, run your system into the ground and have it fail midway through its *normal* life cycle. I'm sure glad you have all that money to throw away in higher utility costs and early replacement costs. Every time you have to replace your system because you never had it serviced, and ran it till it quit, you have to dig deeper in your wallet. The cost for a new system has almost doubled over the last 2 years.
Maybe you already got charged for an overtime service gall and double mark up for a simple filter change because you were too ignorant change the filter. Whatever the reason, You are NOT in the trade, and have absolutey no business giving out any advice. FWIW, 600% mark-up on a 1 inch pleated filter would make the price around $2,400.00.
You can go away now
I've had one gas furnace go from a rusted out heat exchanger and the other is not far behind. Both carriers, the last of the natural draft models. If I'd only used those bubba filters my heat exchanger would still be fine, darn and drat it all. What a fool I have been!
Give it a rest, all the filter does on a residential system is keep the ac evaporator from getting clogged with dust and pet hair. If the evaporator is staying clean then the $3 filter is working.
Noon-Air wrote:

You tell 'em. You know the longer you leave those filters in the better job they do too. I've seen them after a couple of years. There isn't a lick of dust getting through.
On 20 Dec 2006 10:25:57 -0800, "jamesgangnc"

--
Keep your feet close to the ground.

Keep it up dipshit. You're going to be up for the Darwin Award for 2007 next. You are my favorite type of customer. If you think that cheap fiberglass spun filter protects any single part of your system then you are dumber than two boxes of rocks. Those filters stop dead birds, leaves and marbles. Everything else goes right through. And all that dirt just loves to grind into the shaft and bearings of those blower motors. Your a gem, james. Bubba
On 20 Dec 2006 10:25:57 -0800, "jamesgangnc"

Hunks of wood...you forgot hunks of wood.... AND, let's not forget how wonderful thoses fibreglass fibres are for our lungs!!
--
Respectfully, Bob

On 20 Dec 2006 10:25:57 -0800, "jamesgangnc"

Lmao. What a retarded doofus.
http://www.thehvacmedic.com - All the free heating and air answers you want!
First off, if you're talking about 30+ year old gas equipment, you're right it will run forever. Maybe a thermocouple change out. It may also produce copious amounts of CO in the meantime. We find many units that are apparently running just fine with air free CO well over legal limits.
The newer equipment is a whole 'nuther story.
On 19 Dec 2006 08:35:44 -0800, "jamesgangnc"

--
Thank you for encouraging my behavior.