Duel fuel system question. York gas furnace

I'm running a duel fuel system up here in PA and just about ready to install a high end 98% York gas furnace system... running a heat pump down to 27 degrees. Do I need a bonnet sensor or something like that or does the York come with it? Anyone know much anout these Affinity systems?

I'm a GC but will probably need to bring in a mechanical but the guy I know doesnt know much about the York gas furnace systems because they need special training.

Any help would be much appreciated

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy Munsford

Jimmy, the 98% Affinity York gas furnace systems come with a sensor. You also need a 3 stage heat and 2 stage cool thermostat with humidity control etc for your dual fuel system. Like the Honeywell thermostat shone here:

There

are others out there too. Maybe more expensive. You still need a bonnet sensor, or heat pump kit...you need it because it stops the heat pump and gas furnace from running simultaneously... they are only about $30-$40.

The bonnet sensor should be mounted between the furnace and the heat pump evaporator coil (mounted on the underside of "A-Frame" coil if an upflow application). If the sensor detects that the temperature of the air flowing into the coil is too hot... it will stop the heat pump from running.

Same site probably has your furnace... is it this system you are installing? Teh York 98% Affinity??

Hope

this helped Abe

Reply to
Abraham Isaac

After the duel, one will have killed off the other, and there will be no more conflict.

Sounds like you need to call a heating company in your area. They may be able to perform some mediation. Figure out why your heat systems are dueling. Perhaps they can be convinced to work together, by arrangement, and then they can be a dual fuel system.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Duel system shone here. So many straight lines, so little usenet.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe you should bring in somebody that has that special training, instead of your low rent sub who doesn't have the training.

Reply to
Steve

You and your circlejerking butt buddeez can go away now.... there seem to be people showing up who are actually 1. willing, AND 2. able to answer people's Qs.

You are still, however, welcome to come to Yonkers and SMD. I highly recommend swallowing, as I take plenty of vits, and I'm sure there's some, uh, spillover.

Reply to
Existential Angst

Ok hotshot.... tell us site unseen, and without the manufacturers instructions for the furnace, or knowing what type of heat pump(single stage? multi stage?), and without knowing what kind of control is being used or required, to properly set it up.

No clue??

Still no clue??

Never dealt with a modulating furnace??

Never dealt with a hybrid system??

Don't have the training??

I guess your EE isn't worth the used toilet paper its printed on. Now please take your oral sex fixation and go play outside.

Reply to
Steve

He is a high school drop out and not an EE.

Reply to
Hermann

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:20:16 -0600, "Steve" wrote: snip

Just KF him Steve. He isnt worth the argument.

Reply to
The King

Yeah, your right....

Reply to
Steve

The best part of EA ran down his momma's leg (and then she ran back under the front porch to pant for a while).

Reply to
Suka Midak