Ductboard trunk

I am having my Central Air installed in my house. I was at work today and I mentioned to this guy who is a tin knocker sheet metal guy that my Installer is using 2" duct board for the feed in the attic and run 7" flex off at the trunk, the guy at work say that ductboard is not a wise choice for a trunk, he says over the years there always be fine fiberglass particles always coming from the ceiling vents and is illegal in some states. any truth to this

Chet

Reply to
Chet

Pretty much. You get what you pay for.

Reply to
Alexander

If I understand your answer, are you saying a metal trunk is a better choice, I did call the installer, he did say I still have my choice if I want a metal trunk, I can go this route rather than the Ductboard.

Chet

Reply to
Chet

Go with the metal

Reply to
Steve

This just crossed my mind, If I went with the ductboard and lined it with heavy duty polyethylene plastic, would this be a safe thing to do, would there be any sweating or condensation issues

Reply to
Chet

Of course Metal is better. It may require insulation and sealed joints depending on environment, run-location, and codes.

Reply to
Alexander

Duct board might be damaged by condensation. And, flex reduces the air flow. Metal duct can be insulated, to help hold the heat (or cold) in.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon