dryer in apartment with no ventilation

Hi all, I am desperately looking for a dryer condensation/ventilation kit for my apartment/condo. The problem is that there isn't a vent, but I do know of these kits, having seen them in the past. I just can't find one and nobody at the local or national hardware stores can help. Rumour has it that the bylaws have changed regarding this, but it isn't like I have a choice without boring through walls and such.
Google searches have not been much help.
I don't know where do you leave but all dryers that I know of need to be vented outside I would say some one is giving you a snow job. Look for bathroom vent and driers installation kits if you can't put through the wall and you have window near by put bloody thing through the window if permissible remove one pan of glass install piece of flex glass or piece of plywood cut the hole through it and hook up your vent how is that.
From Dido

There are combination washer/dryers that condensate the water out in the drying cycle and do not require a vent.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On 6 Nov 2006 05:23:07 -0800, "jamesgangnc"

Show me. Bubba

http://www.amtechcombo.com /
http://www.lgwasherdryer.com/lg-faq.htm
http://www.pacmedhawaii.com/daily/washer.htm
More popular in europe.
Bubba wrote:

On 6 Nov 2006 06:19:38 -0800, "jamesgangnc"

Ouch! I stand corrected. The powers of the internet. What will they think of next............convertable underwear? Bubba

How about the suit in a bag :-)
Bubba wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I ran a system in my apartment that produced a lot of water vapor (not a dryer; a continuously running system--produced a gallon or two per day of waste vapor).
I installed the system, and ran 4" S&D PVC to the window. Ran the PVC along the corners & painted painted it to match the ceiling. Hung it with toggle bolts so I could fill in later and get my deposit back (I did). For the vent, just a 6" piece of plywood cut to fit the bottom of the window and a dryer vent which connected to the exhaust pipe.
Worked like a champ. YMMV.
Perhaps these devices will serve your needs:

http://shophometrends.com/product.asp?pn 6124&sid=FROOGLE&EID=FR016124&bhcd262914856
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Thanks everyone for your tips. I will be looking at what was suggested in the last post as I have discovered this in my travels.
Just a point though....my last unit was one of those combo washer/dryers that do not vent. They are garbage, since you end up having to hang dry your clothing. Think about it, if there is no vent, where does the condensation go? Nowhere.
Thanks again
officematt wrote:

the one in the link sent the condensation down the drain pipe, same as the washer.
Mark
Agreed they do not dry as well.
Mark wrote:

On 13 Nov 2006 04:46:26 -0800, "jamesgangnc"

I had both a washer/dryer and a condensor dryer at one point. The washer/dryer couldn't dry worth a damn (The reason we ended up getting the condensor). The condensor dryer did OK but had a water collector that had to be emptied fairly frequently. The condensor plates also had to be cleaned fairly quickly.
The final setup was fairly nice in that you could put one load of clothes in the dryer and start another washing in the washer/dryer with a dry cycle at the end and head on out. When you got back, you'd have one set of dry clothes and another set that only needed a short run in the dryer to dry properly. Not a setup I'd plan from the outset though.
Rich
--
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I
tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I