Down Down Down

Its getting worse. When is anyone going to help out the taxpayers instead of the Wall Street fat cats?

The states continue to announce a whole bunch more cuts in a couple every week.

"CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN" is destroying this once-great country.

I'm starting to think a good hard revolution where the states can take back their sovrenty and tell the feds where to go is about the only chance of anything improving.

Congress needs to forget about reforming health care, and get this country WORKING again.

Sorry, but the manufacturing jobs are gone and they are never coming back. Even full employment at $7 an hour is not going to compare to the good ol days when we had $20 an hour unskilled factory jobs.

WE ARE SO SCREWED.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

The *FIRST* step has to be to reign in the oil companies and bring the price of gasoline/fuel back down to $1.50 like it was a year ago and KEEP IT THERE. That would give the average 1 car household approximately $1800 - $2,000 a year more disposable income to be able to afford to pay for goods and services. Recovery *HAS* to start from the bottom and work its way up. If your customer base had that much additional disposable income, how much more would they be spending for service, repairs, replacements, etc??? How much of that would you be spending with your suppliers to buy parts and equipment to take care of your customers?? How much more would your suppliers be buying from the manufacturers?? and so on and so forth.... With the increase in business also comes and increase in hiring to be able to take care of all your customers, same applies all the way up the food chain.

I believe that the loss of manufacturing jobs can be turned around, but it has to start in schools... begining with repealing the "no child left behind act", and then put the industrial arts and shops back in the schools. us old farts had this training when we were in school, but its no longer even available in the schools. It won't be too much longer before those of us who have the training, education, and experience will be retiring and there is nobody in the pipeline to take our places. Everybody is supposed to go to college, graduate, and be the next VP of Microsoft.

Economic recovery has to start from the bottom and work its way up...... and starting from the bottom doesn't mean taking it in the shorts in taxes and paying off national debt.

Reply to
Steve

Our schools still have auto, wood and metal shops. Im surprised Mississippi dropped the cotton picking shop classes. :)

It might be a little premature for me to say but Im looking into taking a 725K loan out to buy a business for my wife and the bank is taking us seriously so far. The future isnt all doom and gloom, even in Michigan. The key is diversify and keep a look out for new opportunities.

Reply to
The King

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just put her on a street corner? Essentially an infinite return on investment..... Not suggesting, just asking.....

Reply to
Existential Angst

He's suggesting RENTING out the cow/selling the milk.

Whichever analogy you prefer.

Reply to
HVAC