Donations

OUCH!!!!!

Subject: Donations As you open your pockets for yet another natural disaster, keep these facts in mind:

Marsha J. Evans, President and CEO of the American Red Cross ... salary for year ending 06/30/03 was $651,957 plus expenses.

Brian Gallagher, President of the United Way, receives a $375,000 base salary, plus numerous expense benefits.

UNICEF CEO receives $1,200,000 per year [100k per month] plus all expenses and a ROLLS ROYCE where ever he goes, and only a few cents of your dollar goes to the cause.

The Salvation Army's Commissioner, Todd Bassett, receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.

No further comment necessary. Please share this with everyone you can think of, know or meet!

Reply to
.p.jm.

You might want to check into the Shriners Hospitals..... you might be surprised.

Reply to
Steve

Years ago I worked for a company who's owner wanted to get his picture in the paper as the owner of a company with 100% participation of the employees having money for The United Way taken out of their pay. I put a stop to that real quick when money was donated out of my paycheck without my permission. I didn't stay with the company much longer.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Rule of thumb: supposed "facts" mass-forwarded via email almost always turn out to be wrong. As is this one.

Really. The internet's been around long enough that everybody ought to know better than to reflexively forward this kind of stuff. Check it out first, because it is almost always bullshit.

Reply to
Hell Toupee

And your Sn UNICEF - President - $ 420,000 - $ 475,000 per year

Red Cross CEO - $ 447,000 - $ 495,000 per year

United Way President - $ 983,000 - $ 1,037,000 per year

These are 'premium fat-cat' executive salaries, doubtless with concordant benefits such as insurance, expense accounts, retirerments, etc, etc. These are not 'good hearted people dedicating their lives to serving others at expense to themselves'.

Some of the others make a 'mere' $ 184,000 or 'only' $ 243,000. I wish I 'only' made that much ! I bet you do, too.

These are not 'charity' or 'austerity' levels of compensation, These are not 'sustenance level' salaries for 'people doing charity work'.

In each case, they are more than DOUBLE what CongressCritters make, more than the President makes, more than double what ANY Federal or state employee makes,

And thus, I fail to see your point.

Reply to
.p.jm.