Does W/M Ultra boilers really need two loops?

I'm a consumer that recently had a Weil McLain Ultra boiler installed in my ranch house with three radiant hot water zones. My hvac contracter chose not to install a primary and secondary water loop, as the installation manual calls for. The supply and return water lines just go straight in and out of the boiler. (He told me there are alternative ways to plumb the Ultra boiler). He wired the system so that each thermostat, when it calls for heat, starts the appropriate pump and turns on the boiler.
A plumber, in the house to repair a toilet, saw the Ultra boiler setup and told me that it was not installed correctly. In fact he said that the warranty would be void without the primary and secondary hydronic loops.
Who is right? I tried calling W/M but the operator would give me tech support because I am not a contractor. But W/M's customer relations will not return my call. I am not sure that I trust my hvac man because he called in additional help three times during the installation, which took more than one month.

If you can't trust your hvac man, who can you trust?
http://www.weil-mclain.com/FTP/Ultra%20310/UltraBoilerManual.pdf
In general, most manufacturer's want you to use P/S piping because it's easier to do right. You can use another method that involves a pressure activated bypass valve. It's VERY rare to be able to properly use a piping method that doesn't have the supply and return manifolds connected together with mod/con boilers because of the boiler's need for a high flow rate with high head. We don't use WM so I can't say what their needs are.
You could take some pictures of your install, post them at The Wall at www.heatinghelp.com and ask their opinion.
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 05:01:40 GMT, "Mark Rockville"

--
If a tree falls in the woods and kills
a mime, does anyone care?

what he says.......after installing more than a dozen...it definitely a yes

SOUNDS LIKE YOU DONT WANT TO PAY YOUR BILL ANYWAY YOU DID NOT INDICATE THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE SYSTEM ALSO A PLUMBER IS NOT QUALIFIED TO MAKE A CALL ON A HEATING SYSTEM DESIGN THAT IS WHY HE IS WORKING ON YOUR TOILET IT IS PROB MORE EFF THE WAY IT IS NOW WITH INDIVIDUAL LOOPS YOU ARE GETTING A LOWER TEMP RETURN WITCH EQUALS HIGHER EFF I DO COMMERCIAL WORK BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU GOOD LUCK

Ouch, those caps are like staring into the sun, which I avoid normally. Also, use some punctuation once in a while. I am not qualified to know what the fuck you said, but I feel the pain.
Bob

any it is easier to read largger letters then smaller I think you guys feel a loss of control when you see CAPITAL LETTERS because bubba has brain washed you into feeling guilty for doing it i like capital letters I FEEL LIKE I CONTROL THE BLOG THAT WAY AND BUBBA FEELS CONTROL BY BITCHING ABOUT IT AND GETTING PEOPLE TO SUBMIT AND TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK I WONT SUBMIT

Hey, if you have a problem with YOUR eyes, shiney, maybe YOU need the caps to see what you are typing. If that's your reason, I won't make fun of that. I can see real small type fonts on the screen, and I am a 63 year old fart. People don't think top posting is smart, but Outlook express puts my replies on top. Sometimes I move it to the bottom if following the message thread makes more sense that way.
There are guys here that are disrespectful to everybody, guys that are disrespectful to only those that deserve it, and some guys that show respect most of the time. You may be very knowledgeable, I don't know, but anybody that types in all caps looks like a guy in NYC standing on a box yelling at everybody passing by. Most people will laugh and ignore that type of person. You are (maybe just using new fake name here) FRESH MEAT here and look like an idiot, whether it bothers you or not.
You are not catering to Bubba by using normal type, you are just being courteous to everybody. Think about it, but the choice, is of course, only yours. You control nothing here. You can just be put into anybody's "Block this sender" list in an instant, and your messages will float around in Cyberspace to be seen by nobody but you.
My last advice on this.
Bob