Does heat pump compressor introduce air into home air????

I have a heatpump outside my condo in a ventilated louvered closet off of my balcony. The blower unit is in a closet inside my condo.
If I vent a kitchen range hood exhaust fan to the vented closet will the exhausted kitchen air somehow end up in the a/c air in my house???
Thanks for your help
Vic

WHY??? Would you want to do that in the first place???
Vent it to the outdoors directly... follow the manufactures installation instructions!

Make sure you throw all your garbage in there too. While your at it, vent the bathroom into there too. When you sweep up the kitchen, toss that in there. Maybe put your dirty clothes in there. Bubba

Don't forget the kitty box. :-)

I was wondering where you were getting those tootsie rolls :p

Can you say... mMmmmMMmmm good? :-)
Unfortunately you're getting the idiot's response.
If it's a split system then you won't get outside air fumes brought in from the condenser. However you should never vent a dryer or range vent within about 6' of a heat pump due to contamination of the condenser or abnormal air flow.
Now if it's a packaged vs. split system you could be getting some fumes. If in doubt have a pro look at it.

It's probably a bad idea no matter what. Take the extra effort and vent the kitchen hood to the outside, either on the side or the roof.
No, a heat pump compressor shouldn't introduce air.
However, air from a clothes dryer or range hood shouldn't be any where near an AC unit. The lint, or grease (respectively) will clog the fins on the AC unit.
Who would put a heat pump in a closet? Doesn't seem like it would have enough air flow to be useful.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.