Does anyone make a Muti-speed compressor for residential ?

I know their are lots of Multi-compressor units that switch between the small and the large, or possibly both compressors, but does anyone make a Truly Multi-speed residential unit under 4-tonns?
I already have a multi-speed fan via the fan-handler unit that matches air-flow to temperature differential. It is better than the "2-speed" units that go from quiet to a roar and nothing in-between.
Just curious....
Bob

Rheem has 2 stage, Copeland scroll compressors in their 16 and 18 SEER equipment.

units
Most equipment manufacture's offer 2-stage condensing units.
Some of the 2-stage condensing units are (2) separate compressors.....timed out

go ductless mini split with inverter technology
Mitsubishi PUMY048 (the S-Series City Multi) www.mehvac.com Inverter driven 4Ton HP with up to 8 indoor units w/a connected capacity of 5 tons. Ducted, wall mounts, ceiling cassettes, cab. units either recessed or exposed, & others. Now if they'd only make a water cooled unit they'd rule the geothermal world...
good luck geothermaljones st.paul,mn
wrote:

units

Nordyne, with IQ drive - sold under several brands.
I never hear of multi speed compressor if there is one I myself would like to know about it. Tony

Do you subscribe to any trade mags? Are you a member of any trade organizations?
http://www.rsesjournal.com /
http://www.achrnews.com /
http://www.contractormag.com /
http://www.contractingbusiness.com /
http://www.acca.org /
http://www.ashrae.org /
http://rses.org /
--
70th RSES Annual Conference.
September 11 - 15, 2007 at the Crowne Plaza at Riverwalk in San Antonio.