Does Amana put TXVs in any outdoor units; wire grill vs. metal louvers; Amana RHF

Does Amana put TXV's in any of their outdoor heat pump units? If so, which ones? RHF?
One of my two quotes for Amana heat pumps is for an RHF. I notice that this has a wire grill on the outside. Is there any benifit/downsides to this over a metal louver style like the ASH13.
Any other general or specific comments from the field on the RHF unit, quality/techincal/design/shortcomings/plusses?
Thanks again for the great discussion. S.

If you want all the bells and whistles in a top quality system, look at Rheem.
Noon-Air wrote:

Thank you for the response.I can appreciate your point of view and I would rather keep the discuddion to the questions at hand. If I were to choose Rheem, I want to know why (eg. This model Rheem has the TX and none of these Amanas do). I am looking for kowledge here so that I can have an educated conversation with my installer.
In the same way that a good installer will add value, I believe that I can add value as the customer by knowing the facts.
S.

All of the new Rheem heat pumps come with a TXV installed from the factory. *MOST* Rheem heat pumps come from the factory with both high and low pressure safety switches, built in filter/driers, built in hard start kits, and ALL are in a steel cabinet. Rheem is also top rated by Consumer Reports. www.rheemac.com
FWIW, I would highly recommend that your new system(regardless of brand) uses R-410a refrigerant.

Now all you have to find is a *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician to do the installation.

What advantages do you think that it has over 22a. Some sugggest availability and 410a is the newest on the block. Yes 22a will diminish in new units but like its predecessor, 22a will not dissapear for maintenance. What other reasons make you think 410a is the way to go?
S.

Noon-Air wrote:

Excellent Link. Thanks. ...and for letting me know what the Rheem has from the factory.
Whats your point of view on the whole Puron scam thing? Lots of people have spoken about equipment failures with 410a but I don't buy it given the warranties that are being offered.
S.

brand)
Go with the proven R22 system. Why pay more for a 410 system when 22 will be around for a very long time? You can still buy 12 and there is already dropin replacements for R22 on the market today. No matter what, it's going to depend greatly on the installer you chose to install your system. A crappy install equals a crappy system that will offer you crappy reliability and crappy comfort.

<sigh> Somebody else who hasn't done their homework, or gone to the training and classes for the new equipment. Apparently you don't actually sell R-410a equipment, A Rheem14 SEER R-410a heat pump system cost the customer LESS than the same system in a R-22 13 SEER. . OTOH, If your just a "gas and go" kinda guy, you can do what you want, in just a couple of short years you won't have a choice.

will
go"
I've done my homework
Price R22, now price R410 refrigerant. IF a repair is needed to the refrigeration circuit, the R410 will be a more costly to repair. Ester oil absorbs moisture when there exists a leak or when the system is opened for repair. Ester oil likes to degrade rubber products, LOOK OUT roofing material.
Hummmmmmm........ I think I want that more costly unit, NOT!

Keep on doing like you are.... I got lots of contractors and techs here that think the same way that you do. The first time the customer gets hit with a $500 "gas and go" bill for a couple of pounds of R-22, they are going to be looking for alternatives. I will be more than happy to provide them with a solution to their problem.
Seeing as how R-12 is still available, I'd expect 22 to be around longer than the equipment will last. It's been 13 years since the EPA removed 12, and it is still around. And the blends. I'm going ot keep using the 22 systems as long as possible. Azeotropic single gas with a proven record.
Your $500 gas and go is sounding like a scare tactic.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

of
sugggest
already
and
R-410a
LESS
you
is
that
be
Sorry, don't do "Gas and Go" here.
$500? WOW, one better be purchasing the replacements before one would ever have to charge $500 for a "Gas and Go" anyway. Remember, there are already drop-in replacements for R22 as we speak. That wasn't the case when R12 went though the roof.
Noon-Air wrote:

Cheaper!!?? Thats great news. Any idea why?
S.

Yea..cause R22 EQUIPMENT is being phased out.

That depends on many factors... how hot it is on the roof, if the customer pays on time, how many times the old lady calls to ask when I'll be home, how many calls I have waiting, if the customer doesn't want me to shut the system down during the day, etc.

More "I would rather" bullshit? Taking "command of the conversation" are we?
Who and where do you think you are, Boss man?
Ungrateful pinhead.
-zero