Do units still use freon?

What do you say, when people ask if AC still use freon?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I got interested last year when I walked through Wally World and saw a small refrigerator for sale that had no compressor. It was a dorm room sized 120 volt AC thermionic refrigerator. It was the first one I'd seen other than the 12volt DC solid state coolers for vehicles. I wonder how big a thermionic AC for a house would be and what sort of power consumption would it have?
TDD
Stormin Mormon wrote:

No Abla freon. Only Chargeon. Hard Pesos only.