do high-end residential heat pumps with variable speed air handlers truly vary the speed to control humidity?

Page 2 of 2

Just because the efficiency is optimized, that doesn't mean shit when it comes down to humidity.
"David Jensen" wrote:

I think it would be fair to say that every furnace manufacturer that uses the ECM motor has their own propriatary electronics control module on the end of the motor. each manufacturer would have their own propriatary control algorithms, and to tap into those would require a propriatary type t-sat.

personally never having seen a Lennox Signature Stat, I googled it. Interestlingly enough, it looks identical to the old Invensys series t-stats. So is a Lennox Signature series t-stat merely a re-labled Invensys stat? I do not believe Lennox currenly manufacturers their own t-stats.
I figure its similiar to the Trane thermostats....nothing more than a re-labled Honeywell. Now is Invensys adding esoteric humidity controls to one specific model they are re-labeling for Lennox and calling it a Lennox Signature t-stat? who knows.....but I sincerely doubt it. personally i think its nothing more than sales hype. Like 18.6 seer or whatever.
Have you ever seen a meter or tool that measures seer? Can anybody 'measure' your systems seasonal efficiency? If it cannot be measured, how are you to know you got what you paid for?

I too would tend to set the cfm around 1200 for your application

No
Your Sub-contractor is a friggin idiot and you should get rid of him, before he screws anything up. I would definitely brag to anyone you know about his incompetence. But I am sure he has great prices!!!
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (home)