Dirty Sock Syndrome-Is there a solution?

I have lived for 2 years in a new home equipped with a heat pump. We have discovered that we are experiencing dirty sock syndrome in the heating season. Is there any solution to this? The heat pump is a Lennox. Has this problem been brought on by a design flaw of the unit? I still have a long extended warranty. Will the manufacturer replace the coil that is causing the problem? Any advice will be appreciated.
"Jack" <wrote

Yes, wash it.
"Moon" wrote

Sorry, I see now that the question is about "dirty SOCK" syndrome.

OK, what did you think it said when you made your first response, "wash it" ?
replying to Jack, Joannie wrote:

I have a gas pack unit that is about 4 years old. All of a sudden this awful odor every time the A/C kicked on. Had unit checked was told it was clean. Suffered with this malady for a few months. Decided to purchase a dehumidifier. Large size. Guess what! No dirty sock odor.