direct vent boiler?

I have a gas boiler in my basement and its vented outside with double wall pipe but looks ugly. I would like to know if I can direct vent the boiler thru the outside wall so I can get ride of the ugly double wall pipe on the outside of my house. Need to help with this please.
On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 5:44:02 PM UTC-4, kieran traynor wrote:

It's unlikely. To know for sure you would need to check your local buildin g inspections office. They probably have a mechanical inspector and if he' s in a good mood he might just talk to you. Or if you are in rural locatio n one guy might cover all the trades.
kieran traynor wrote:

Seems highly unlikely. Assuming that you are in the U.S., the "B-vent" pipe that you have going up the side of your house has to go up past the roof line by a specified amount depending on the slope of your roof etc.
It depends on type of boiler you have what is Boiler manufacture specification Some new boiler require only 4" duct went barely above boiler height! what is your town Ordinance???