Daffy Duck HVAC design in NC

I have a 2550 sq. foot home. 1 1/2 stories. 1750 down and 800 up. The floor plan is pretty much open other than the master bedroom and bath. The HVAC contractor installed a 2 ton HVAC down and 2.5 up.
Downstairs has 13 supply vents. 11 6" inch pipes and 2 8" inch pipes. Return is 25 x 20 with a 12 pipe. Supply is also a 12" pipe.
Upstairs has 2.5 tons supplying 5 supply vents (6" pipe) and a 20x20 return (12" pipe).
On 6/30/2010 10:42 AM, Sure,Not wrote:

Does the upstairs have a lot of or big windows. I repaired the upstairs heat pump for a customer and his upstairs unit is larger because of large windows thus more heat load.
TDD