Cost: R22 vs 410 gas?

I am getting quotes for a 2 tone central air conditioner. Every contractor in my area is charging about 10% more for a 410 unit than for an R22 unit. Why is that? I thought that there was little price difference. I'm beginning to think that I might as well go with the cheaper R22. Is the higher price worth it? qed

Reply to
ronq

The two tone units always cost more than the single colour ones.

Reply to
kool

Hmmm, 2 tone a/c limited repertoire isn't it?

Reply to
Tekkie®

From Carrier's Site "As HCFC-22 contains 41% chlorine and has an atmospheric life of 15 years, this refrigerant is subject to phaseout in 2030 under the international Montreal Protocol. The U.S. Clean Air Act will prohibit the use of this refrigerant in new equipment in 2010, along with prohibiting new production after 2020"

Reply to