Cost of system

What should I expect to pay for a replacement system? I am looking at several brands of two stage 80K BTU

80% furnaces matched with a 15 seer 2.5 ton AC.
Reply to
Don Mccarter

I have found that the location has alot of input. Different parts of the country generate different prices along with name brand But here it would range from $4000 to $5000

Reply to
daytona°

Realistically, you should be looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of $7,000 - $8,000 for a complete room-by-room heat load/loss calculation and print-out, top quality installation of top quality equipment, with all the bells and whistles, including a touch screen programmable thermostat, new refrigerant lineset (required for the environmentally friendly R-410a refrigerant), 1 year supply of high efficiency pleated filters, replacement of aluminium wire feeding the units if required, TEN YEAR PARTS AND LABOR extended warranty, and a host of other things. FWIW, there is only a couple of hundred bucks differance between straight A/C and dual fuel. This does not take into account any required ductwork other than a simple transition between the new furnace/evap and the existing ductwork(provided the existing ductwork is sufficient).

Or you can get it done cheap, by the lowest bidder.

Reply to
Noon-Air

$ 10 K and up!

Reply to
<kjpro

I have received a couple of estimates, I looks like a mid level system would run 5.5K while a top of the line like a Carrier Infinity or Lennox Signature would be

6-7K. I wanted to be sure the numbers were not way out of line. thanks for the replies, Don
Reply to
Don Mccarter

Those prices are real cheap... what corners are they cutting to be able to do it that cheap??

Reply to
Noon-Air

Carrier currently has a $1000 rebate on the infinity systems.

Reply to
Don Mccarter

Every one in site!!! LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

Screw the rebates, screw the cost...

You want cheap or comfort?

Reply to
<kjpro

Try this on for size.... ARI Ref# 1153006 Rheem equipment,

15 SEER/9.25 HSPF , R-410a, dual fuel (heat pump with 80%AFUE, 2 stage, variable speed gas furnace) RPNL-030JAZ heat pump RGPR-07EBRQR gas furnace RCFL-HM3621AC evap coil Installed price with all the goodies(except ductwork) of about $8,000

OR

ARI Ref# 1069539 Rheem equipment,

16.50 SEER/9.50 HSPF, R-410a dual fuel (2 stage heat pump, with 80%AFUE, 2 stage, variable speed gas furnace) RPRL-036JEZ heat pump RGPR-07EBRQR gas furnace RCFL-HM3621AC evap coil Installed price with all the goodies(except ductwork) of about $11,850
Reply to
Noon-Air