Corrosion protection on outdoor terminals

Outdoor equipment, like condensing units or outdoor refrigeration. What is good to use, to prevent corrosion of .250 push on terminals?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

in these parts, when there is corrosion on the compressor terminals, its from moisture condensing on the compressor because its GROSSLY OVERCHARGED. Some that I have seen have even had algae and moss on the side of the compressor. I would be willing to bet that the customer has to turn the stat way down to feel "cool", the indoor RH is real high, and their power bills are real high too. Clean/dry the compressor terminals, put new connectors on the wires, and make sure that that they are tight when you put it back together. Recover the excess refrigerant(probably gonna be several pounds), and properly balance the refrigerant charge using subcooling and superheat.

Reply to
Steve

You mock the boy ?

Reply to
.p.jm.

Same that you would use on your Vehicle Battery terminal

Reply to
Grumpy

Silicon sealant is conductive at higher voltage before it gets cure do not use it, unless you can afford to wait until is 100% completely dry/cure. And then you have problem if you need to remove terminal for any reason.

Reply to
Grumpy

Hi Chris Be aware that Silicon in large quantity while is curing/drying generate gases that will ignite and possible cause explosion I know they don't tell you this any place but it has happen.

Reply to
Grumpy