converting oil burner to electric

------------------------------------- e6b028e8923da18c5e345f5ce89889c9 we are looking into a windmill for our property. Our oil burner is old and our home is so cold in the winter because of the cost of the oil. Is there any way we could install an electric device that would heat the water yet keep the old systems in place. thanks janice m
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 28606 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Add pictures here
✖
On 05 Jun 2009 20:03:12 GMT, janice_frey_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (janice) wrote:

    Yes. It's called 'an electric water heater' or 'electric boiler'.
    You disconnect the plumbing from the old oil boiler, and connect it up to the new heater. Ya see ?

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
✖

Hello Janice,
Well Janice, better quality Windmills have an attachment feature, (almost identical to the front of a KitchenAid Mixer), that will allow you to have a drill attachment, that's fitted for drilling from the top of the windmill down right next to the windmill footing.
Very common (though not much talked about) to have small pockets of oil (oil is everywhere, just not in big quantities that a big ol' Oil Company can use) to burn in your old oil burner for most all the winter season.
You can enclose the drilling mechanisms with plywood and then stucco over them to your liking.
Sounds like a WIN=WIN for sure!
Good luck to you, and I hope you enjoy your windmill and it's versatility as much as I did with my first windmill.
-zero

Add pictures here
✖

Of course, there's that pesky 'refining' thing............
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 5, 9:03 pm, janice_frey_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (janice) wrote:

Janice, Where are you located? There are a number of different ways one can heat water, but the choice depends a lot on where you live. Before committing to a windmill, one needs to know if there are enough times when the wind is brisk.
If you have natural gas, that is usually the best or close to the best option.
In some areas solar collectors are a good way to heat water.
In other places like the Pacific North West, wood fired boilers make more sense. And using electricity is more reasonable than say in New York State.
But to answer your question, yes you can use electricity to heat water and you can leave the old oil burner system in place.
Dan
Add pictures here
✖
janice wrote:

Hi, How about beefing up the insulation? If heating water is main concern, how about solar panels? Wind mill is only good for windy area. Do you have wind year round?
Add pictures here
✖
Please post to usenet the regular way.
--